Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Rohan Garg

Default Bringing Google Voice chat to Kopete

HiWe recieved bug*https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork/+bug/509772*some time ago and while working on it Harald and I*realized*that this would add another 5.5 MB on the CD.Also we would need to file a MIR against 2 packages which have been added as deps to the package.

So I was wondering if any people want this feature or is it better to build another package in main ( like libkopete4-gcall ) which replaces libkopete4 and provides google call support to kopete,then anyone who wants google call support can download this package and get google call support.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.
RegardsRohan Gargwww.launchpad.net/~rohangarg

Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Jussi Schultink

Hi

I think this is a good idea overall. Perhaps it would also be nice to
have some sort of installer from the application itself - such as
amarok has for kodecs? This would help users find out that thhis
support is there and make it very simple for them to get the support.
The reasoning for this would be that this is a package in main, so
most users, including the most basic users are exposed to it, so it
makes sense to make it a very simple process.

How does this sound?

Jussi.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Ofir Klinger

Hi,
I think Rohan is talking about voice calls in Google Talk (like Skype) while Google Voice is another service which is open only for US residents.
Google Voice:

http://www.google.com/voice/
Google Talk:http://www.google.com/talk/index.html

Thanks for your work. I think users will really�appreciate a nice and clean install through the same method used for installing codecs (like�Jussi said).
Ofir

Old 06-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Tres Finocchiaro

FWIW, +1 for codec-type install.
-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Rohan Garg

HiYes i was referring to voice calls in google talk.