Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Kubuntu Council Elections

The Kubuntu Council is a group of 6 Kubuntu Members who get to vote on
membership to Kubuntu Members and occationally other decisions
regarding Kubuntu.

Half the council recently came to the end of their 2 year appointment
so we need to hold elections for the open positions to the council.
This could be you! If you are a Kubuntu Member and are willing to
turn up to kubuntu meetings as much as possible for the next couple of
years do consider putting your name forward.

As well as being into Kubuntu I feel it's a good idea to have one or more council
members who have strong links with upstream KDE so if you are into
upstream do consider putting your name forward too.

To put your name forward make sure you update your wiki page then post
to this list.

You can also nominate someone else by posting to this list. Might be
a good idea to chat to them first of course.

Closing date for nominations is in a week, so Monday 14 June.

Jonathan

Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 10:43:20AM +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Half the council recently came to the end of their 2 year appointment
> so we need to hold elections for the open positions to the council.
> This could be you! If you are a Kubuntu Member and are willing to
> turn up to kubuntu meetings as much as possible for the next couple of
> years do consider putting your name forward.

I'd like to start the process by putting my name forward for the
election.

As the longest serving Kubuntu developer I think I have an
understanding of the project which would be helpful when deciding who
should be a Kubuntu member or any other decision the council needs to
make.

Jonathan

Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Jonathan Riddell

And my wiki page is at
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanRiddell

Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Jussi Schultink

Hi all!

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> The Kubuntu Council is a group of 6 Kubuntu Members who get to vote on
> membership to Kubuntu Members and occationally other decisions
> regarding Kubuntu.
>
> Half the council recently came to the end of their 2 year appointment
> so we need to hold elections for the open positions to the council.
> This could be you! *If you are a Kubuntu Member and are willing to
> turn up to kubuntu meetings as much as possible for the next couple of
> years do consider putting your name forward.
>
> As well as being into Kubuntu I feel it's a good idea to have one or more council
> members who have strong links with upstream KDE so if you are into
> upstream do consider putting your name forward too.
>
> To put your name forward make sure you update your wiki page then post
> to this list.

Id like to put my name forward for the KC.

I'm a long standing Kubuntu user and also a Kubuntu member. Ive been
around the kommunity for a good while and am also involved in other
parts of ubuntu - IRC Council, Ubuntu Studio and generally around
where ever I can help. Ive also mildly contributed to the KDE promo
group.

My Wiki Page is:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JussiSchultink

Jussi

Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Arthur Schiwon

Hi all,

On Monday 07 June 2010 11:43:20 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> You can also nominate someone else by posting to this list. Might be
> a good idea to chat to them first of course.
>

> Closing date for nominations is in a week, so Monday 14 June.

I like to nominate Christian Mangold aka Neversfelde. He is a leading member
in kubuntu-de.org, Kubuntu, enganged since years in Kubuntu and thus also
Kubuntu Member. He is involved in the Ninjas and recently became MOTU.

His Wiki Page is
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ChristianMangold

Cheers
Arthur (Blizzz)

Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Rohan Garg

HiI would like to nominate Scott Kitterman for the KC.His wiki page can be found at*https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScottKittermanHe is a kubuntu member and has contributed alot to the Kubuntu Project

RegardsRohan Garg
www.launchpad.net/~rohangarg

Old 06-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Alessandro Ghersi

In data luned́, giugno 07, 2010 11:43:20 AM, Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> Half the council recently came to the end of their 2 year appointment
> so we need to hold elections for the open positions to the council.
> This could be you! If you are a Kubuntu Member and are willing to
> turn up to kubuntu meetings as much as possible for the next couple of
> years do consider putting your name forward.

Hi, I'd like to put my name forward for the KC.

I'm a Kubuntu member and Kubuntu Ninja and I hope Kubuntu developer in the
next days. I spend almost all my spare time in the Kubuntu development.
I think I can be useful in the Kubuntu Council.

My wiki page is: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/alessandro-ghersi

Lex