Old 06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Daniel Chen

Default KDE PulseAudio Integration

[Adding kubuntu-devel]

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Volovikov Taras <wizard160888@mail.ru> wrote:
> All you need to do here - http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/KDE

Note that there is at least one additional subtlety for Kubuntu on
which I am not up-to-speed (and for which others will need to step up,
because my time on *Ubuntu development is winding down). If new users
are still added to @audio, this needs to stop as it breaks per-session
("seat") activation.

Regarding the wiki page, it is sufficient to use "pulseaudio -k"
instead of rebooting or invoking start-pulseaudio* explicitly, because
autospawn is enabled by default.

Best,
-Dan

Old 06-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:33:24AM -0400, Daniel Chen wrote:
> [Adding kubuntu-devel]
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Volovikov Taras <wizard160888@mail.ru> wrote:
> > All you need to do here - http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/KDE
>
> Note that there is at least one additional subtlety for Kubuntu on
> which I am not up-to-speed (and for which others will need to step up,
> because my time on *Ubuntu development is winding down). If new users
> are still added to @audio, this needs to stop as it breaks per-session
> ("seat") activation.
>
> Regarding the wiki page, it is sufficient to use "pulseaudio -k"
> instead of rebooting or invoking start-pulseaudio* explicitly, because
> autospawn is enabled by default.

I've changed userconfig so it doesn't add users to the audio group (or
video).

Jonathan Thomas added the autostart bit to pulseaudio needed for KDE
and added it to the seed, I've not uploaded kubuntu-meta so we have
pulseaudio by default.

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Monday, June 14, 2010 1:23:43 pm Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Jonathan Thomas added the autostart bit to pulseaudio needed for KDE
> and added it to the seed, I've not uploaded kubuntu-meta so we have
> pulseaudio by default.

s/not/now/ ???

--
Mackenzie Morgan