-   -   Kapti, an experimentation on package installation/removal UI (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/380157-kapti-experimentation-package-installation-removal-ui.html)

Tres Finocchiaro 06-02-2010 12:53 AM

Kapti, an experimentation on package installation/removal UI

Aurelien, I visited your page and wanted to offer some questions/feedback:
If you have a back and forward button, why not simply use a web browser?What does this application do that apt-url doesn't already do?
I frequently use the 10.04 Ubuntu package manager and find it very useful 90% of the time (the interface is notoriously clunky, but it's icons, thumbnails, descriptions, visual feedback are pretty solid).* Is there an initiative to leverage similar behavior?
When will a package manager start "graying-out" debug tools and library dependencies so people like my mother aren't bombarded with "amarok-dbg", "kamefu-data" when she just wants "amarok"?

I like the idea and I'd like to see more, but at the end of the day I only need one package manager, and in kde, it's konsole.

-Tres