Old 05-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Prateek Jadhwani

Default new improvements

i would like to make semi transparent windows for kubutu
just like vista or windows 7
So i need some material
say some pdf or help files
that may atleast guide me where can i start from

Thanks in advance

Prateek Jadhwani

Old 05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Rohan Garg

HiYou might want to look at the Bespin window decoration project which is under development,it uses ARGB support to enable*transparent*windows,so there is no need for enabling composting.By default Kubuntu tries to follow the default KDE layout as much as possible.

Project location :*http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Bespin?content=63928*: KDE Look** * * * * * * * * * * * **http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/*: Sourceforge

You can contact the dev for more pointers and study the code to get a idea on implementing the code.Happy coding!
RegardsRohan Garg

www.launchpad.net/~rohangarg

Old 05-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Sebastian Kügler

On Saturday 01 May 2010 18:30:08 Rohan Garg wrote:
> You might want to look at the Bespin window decoration project which is
> under development,it uses ARGB support to enable transparent windows,so
> there is no need for enabling composting.

ARGB support for windows requires compositing to be available and enabled.
--
sebas