Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Final ISO candidates needing tested

ISO images are starting to appear, testers needed.

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all

Jonathan

Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Jonathan Jesse

Getting weird error tonight:
*start it up on virtualbox gett the following error: "Logging in ubuntu... Warning: Cannon OPen ConsoleKit session: Unable to open session: Activation of org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit timed out

Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
starslights

Hello to everyone,

Yeah ,for a Final version, it's really bad, too much bugs and always the same
not fixed, so it still unable to be used with encrypted Folder who are really a
important part of the system for me.

I hope that will soon a version including fixes.

Best Regards

Stars

Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Roman Shtylman

@starslights

Have you filed bugs for the problems you described? "Too many bugs" is
vague. If developers don't know about bugs, they can't fix them. Its
not that people release completely broken things intentionally (yes,
sometimes, but not generally). They just have different use cases than
you and don't always see the bugs.

~Roman

Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Scott Kitterman

"starslights" <stars@hispeed.ch> wrote:

>Hello to everyone,
>
>Yeah ,for a Final version, it's really bad, too much bugs and always the same
>not fixed, so it still unable to be used with encrypted Folder who are really a
>important part of the system for me.

Not sure what you're talking about. I've got two systems here using it. Could you provide a pointer to the bug please?

Scott K--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
starslights

Hi Roman,

Yes i have do, i know i have a really bad English and you have right, it's not
what i will mean, the installer are the only problem, i mean by that , that
the passphrase still not prompt after the first boot, what are a big problem
and Apport can't report bugs anymore.

I have the alpha3 who was the only working fine with installer, i mean that all
features was installed and worked, With this installation, i don't have any
problem and i must say that is really stable .

So too many are really a wrong word, serious annoyant bugs still and it's quit
sad for the final.

I really be inpatient to can use it but i really need to have a system who
encryption work correctly.

Anyway, i love Kubuntu , will always support it and everyone have do a great
work, i just hope that's bugs can be fixed really soon.

Bugs i mean:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/566826

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/372014

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/570242

Best Regards

Old 04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Filipe Lopes

I always use 'full disk encryption', with the alternate cd.
This way, instead of having the home folder encrypted, the whole disk is!

have you tried it?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
starslights

Hi Filipe,

I must say that i never tried the alternate cd so far, well it look working
and be encrypted but the system don't ask to register the passphrase like it
always do in previous version or ubuntu.

Are you asked about the passhprase to register it ?

Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Filipe Lopes

Yes, before formating the disk it asks for a pass-phrase (2 times, just to make sure).
Then you make the arrangements in the disk if you want or leave the default (ext4 for "/" (root) and swap).
After installation you'll be asked for that password on boot.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
starslights

@ Filipe,

Thanks for your answer, i will give a try now and keep in touch.

I hope in the same time to have a answer about DVD and Desktop installation.