Old 04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

Default Final ISO candidates needing tested

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM, starslights <stars@hispeed.ch> wrote:
> @ *Mackenzie,
>
> Well i mean the n for the pass gived when type in terminal "ecryptfs-unwrap-
> passphrase" like ubuntu or previous kubuntu, since i never notice that kubuntu
> changed it now.
>
> So i am a bit lost now..

Are you typing what I'm seeing in this email? I see the letter n with
a degrees symbol, like for temperature and I have no idea what
relation that has to passwords.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169

Old 04-29-2010, 04:29 PM
starslights

@ Mackenzie,

Well forget my n, after do the command i get a code who if i am right make
possible to decrpyt the folder if their a problem or something else, I never
need it so far but ubuntu version 10.04 still asking to use this command after
first boot. That's why i don't believe that kubuntu have a different system for
that.

About what you saying in your mail, i don't really understand but for what i
see, i don't find diffrent from karmic and Lucid was asking to register the
passphrase to alpha3. So i will waiting answer from devs, i am only from one
year on linux and don't know all and encrypthing thing are pretty unknow for
me.

Thanks for all help and answer

Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 AM
sambu toki

I am having a series of strange problems with Kpackagemanager, and I am not sure how to file bug reports for the problems I am experiencing, as the program is not actually crashing.* The problems have occurred on two different systems, both of which were clean installs of the 10.04 RC amd64.

1.* After the installation the update manager informed me that I had 109 updates available, so I chose "Select All" and "Apply".* Upon returning to check on progress, I found the the update manager appeared done, but something didn't seem right (it was much too fast for 109 updates with my connection).* So I clicked "Refresh", and then update manager locked up.* I finally resorted to aptitude for the updates.

2.* After opening and then closing Kpackagemanager, I proceeded to open a terminal and tried to use aptitude.* However I kept getting errors of not being root (13: Permission denied), even though I was "root."* This only happened after using Kpackagemanager before using aptitude.* It happened more than once, but not in a "reproducible" fashion.

3.* When I tried to install kubuntu-restricted-extras using Kpackagemanager the package would not install. Instead, after clicking "Apply", the window would just cycle back to the list, with kubuntu-restricted-extras being unchecked (but without giving me any errors).* However, the package installs with aptitude.

Problem 1 happened on one laptop, and problems 2 and 3 on a second laptop.* I will be more than glad to provide any files or further information that may be of assistance.* Also, some direction as to what files would be useful for a bug report(s) would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Nathan