Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 PM
Ralph Janke

Default Final ISO candidates needing tested

Filipe,

I have a lucid system with fully encrypted disk and I have no problems
at all.

Ralph

Old 04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Filipe Lopes

That was what I was saying.
I see no point on a home folder encryption when you can have a full-disk encryption.
That has been my method for installations since 7.04

Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
starslights

@ Felipe

Yes, i agree, i just never mind that was only Home folder encrypted, in my
opinion, it will be great to have this feature on the Desktop version while
many like me will sure not know about that. Especially new users on linux.

I am happy that you told me that, it will aboslute sure that i will use full
encryption disk now

Old 04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
starslights

I tried the Kubuntu alternate 64 bits and yes, i don't have any bugs with it,
and seem better work, a exemple, right after starting, it notice that there
update but desktop installer not.

Anyway, i really be happy, now i have what i needed. I have mean that
alternate was for expert .

It's just a server install with all desktop and optimized install.

Thanks one more time for your advice Felipe :P

Best Regards

Old 04-29-2010, 03:35 PM
starslights

I just have make a mistake, the notification are due of a incomplete languages
packages, so nothing to do with desktop edition.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 PM
starslights

But it's like on desktop edition, it don't ask about register the passphrase,
like do ubuntu or previous kubuntu version, so i think that this bug are on it
too.

So it not really answer my question, for me it must ask after the first boot to
give the passphrase and give me N who correspond to my passphrase.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM, starslights <stars@hispeed.ch> wrote:
> But it's like on desktop edition, it don't ask about register the passphrase,
> like do ubuntu or previous kubuntu version, so i think that this bug are on it
> too.
>
> So it not really answer my question, for me it must ask after the first boot to
> give the passphrase and give me *N who correspond to my passphrase.

I think there was a change in how the wrapped passphrase for opening
encrypted ~ is handled this release. Dustin sent out an email (or
maybe made a blog post) about how to change over to the new method.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
starslights

Hi Mackenzie,

Yeah, so i can understand if it's another method, if i use ecryptfs-unwrap-
passphrase manually, it give the N but i was waiting that it ask his own.

I will wait news about how work the new system, thanks for your answer

Old 04-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM, starslights <stars@hispeed.ch> wrote:
> Hi Mackenzie,
>
> Yeah, so i can understand if it's another method, if i use ecryptfs-unwrap-
> passphrase manually, it give the N but i was waiting that it ask his own.

N ? What's that? I think the passphrase is stored in a different
file now or something, so if you keep your ~ you need to move it.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 04-29-2010, 04:12 PM
starslights

@ Mackenzie,

Well i mean the n for the pass gived when type in terminal "ecryptfs-unwrap-
passphrase" like ubuntu or previous kubuntu, since i never notice that kubuntu
changed it now.

So i am a bit lost now..