Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Mensur Zahirovic

Default brainstorm.kubuntu.org ?

Hi,

I would like to know what do you think of idea to have brainstorm.kubuntu.org? i think such page could bring alot of good ideas specificly to kubuntu and kde.
I know there is a section for kubuntu on brainstorm.ubuntu.com but it's not same thing.. it would be better to gather kubuntu users on one place and focus on kubuntu and kde.

I don't really think that having a brainstorm page externaly is such good idea since it's hard to know for users
where it is and it's easier to remeber a link such as brainstorm.kubuntu.org.

What's your opinion?

Thanx in advance.
/Nookie

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Yuriy Kozlov

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Mensur Zahirovic <linuxsajten@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what do you think of idea to have
> brainstorm.kubuntu.org? i think such page could bring alot of good ideas
> specificly to kubuntu and kde.
> I know there is a section for kubuntu on brainstorm.ubuntu.com but it's not
> same thing.. it would be better to gather kubuntu users on one place and
> focus on kubuntu and kde.
>
> I don't really think that having a brainstorm page externaly is such good
> idea since it's hard to know for users
> where it is and it's easier to remeber a link such as
> brainstorm.kubuntu.org.
>
> What's your opinion?
>
> Thanx in advance.
> /Nookie

I think directing brainstorm.kubuntu.org to the Kubuntu section of
Ubuntu Brainstorm should be sufficient. For KDE there is already the
brainstorm section on the KDE forums:
http://forum.kde.org/brainstorm.php#cat83

~ Yuriy

Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Jonathan Riddell

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:09:40PM +0200, Mensur Zahirovic wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to know what do you think of idea to have
> [1]brainstorm.kubuntu.org? i think such page could bring alot of good
> ideas specificly to kubuntu and kde.
> I know there is a section for kubuntu on [2]brainstorm.ubuntu.com but
> it's not same thing.. it would be better to gather kubuntu users on
> one place and focus on kubuntu and kde.
> I don't really think that having a brainstorm page externaly is such
> good idea since it's hard to know for users
> where it is and it's easier to remeber a link such as
> [3]brainstorm.kubuntu.org.
> What's your opinion?

The trouble I have with brainstorm is that ideas for things to do
aren't what we are lacking, we tend to be lacking people to implement them.

Jonathan

Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Scott Kitterman

"Jonathan Riddell" <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:09:40PM +0200, Mensur Zahirovic wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to know what do you think of idea to have
>> [1]brainstorm.kubuntu.org? i think such page could bring alot of good
>> ideas specificly to kubuntu and kde.
>> I know there is a section for kubuntu on [2]brainstorm.ubuntu.com but
>> it's not same thing.. it would be better to gather kubuntu users on
>> one place and focus on kubuntu and kde.
>> I don't really think that having a brainstorm page externaly is such
>> good idea since it's hard to know for users
>> where it is and it's easier to remeber a link such as
>> [3]brainstorm.kubuntu.org.
>> What's your opinion?
>
>The trouble I have with brainstorm is that ideas for things to do
>aren't what we are lacking, we tend to be lacking people to implement them.

Yes. Absolutely.

Scott K--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

I propose generating this and adding one brainstorm - get more developers...
and then lock it down so no more ideas

... at least until we solve issue one. :P

> "Jonathan Riddell" <jriddell@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:09:40PM +0200, Mensur Zahirovic wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I would like to know what do you think of idea to have
> >> [1]brainstorm.kubuntu.org? i think such page could bring alot of good
> >> ideas specificly to kubuntu and kde.
> >> I know there is a section for kubuntu on [2]brainstorm.ubuntu.com but
> >> it's not same thing.. it would be better to gather kubuntu users on
> >> one place and focus on kubuntu and kde.
> >> I don't really think that having a brainstorm page externaly is such
> >> good idea since it's hard to know for users
> >> where it is and it's easier to remeber a link such as
> >> [3]brainstorm.kubuntu.org.
> >> What's your opinion?
> >
> >The trouble I have with brainstorm is that ideas for things to do
> >aren't what we are lacking, we tend to be lacking people to implement
> >them.
>
> Yes. Absolutely.
>
> Scott K
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.