Old 04-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Patrick Dickey

Default KOffice Beta2 available

------------------------------

Message: 2Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:56:48 +0200From: Micha? Zaj?c <michal.zajac@gmail.com>
Subject: Call for testing - KOffice Beta 2To: Kubuntu Developer Discussion <kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>

Hiho,Yesterday KOffice Beta 2 was uploaded to Kubuntu Beta PPA[1]. I would be verygrateful if you could test it and report any problems that might be packaging
related. If you encounter any other problems I think it would be faster to askguys in #koffice about them.
[1]�https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/beta/

Thanks in advance,Michal

Just for the sake of curiosity, how do we know whether we installed the beta version or the shipping version (with Karmic)? �I've added the ppa to my repository list and updated. �Then I did apt-get install koffice and it installed. �When I check the version, (KWorkspace for example) I get "KOffice Workspace 1.6.3 (Using KDE 3.5.10). �So, I'm not sure how to actually install the beta from the repository through apt-get.

Thanks for any information on how to do this, and have a great day

Patrick.