Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Harald Sitter

Default Login and logout sounds

Hai!

I just wanted to hear some opinions on the matter of login and logout sounds.

Problem as I experience it:
* Both the login and the logout sounds are far too long

Proposed solution:
* Change login sound to the old Kubuntu login sounds as seen in our KDE 3
releases
* Turn off logout sound completely

Justifications:
* Kubuntu login sounds is shorter and "more to the point", our competitors
(well, other than the other KDE distros mostly) have rather short sounds
whereas our feels very very very long
* I find logout sounds very useless and think there is no right logout sound,
other than silence + loading and playing the sound might actually delay logout

I probably should also talk to the oxygen people about this, but first I would
get some general feedback on this.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer