-   -   question on installer for lucid (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/352157-question-installer-lucid.html)

Jonathan Jesse 04-06-2010 01:52 AM

question on installer for lucid

In the installer when it is scanning the repository I have the option to click on Skip, if I click on Skip, Ubiquity goes away and never finishes, anyone else expericening it?

Yuriy Kozlov 04-06-2010 01:56 AM

question on installer for lucid

I don't know about what happens when you click on it, but I found that
button really confusing, especially with the slideshow. "Skip" what?

~ Yuriy

"A. Rothman" 04-06-2010 08:31 AM

question on installer for lucid

I can confirm both -
that the installer GUI disappears (although installation seems to
continue!), and that I too couldn't figure out what exactly the Skip
button is supposed to do in the first place. I also haven't managed to
successfully complete an OEM installation in Lucid yet. I think now
would be a good time for a round of Ubiquity triaging/testing/fixing,
as there seem to still be a bunch of non-trivial issues, and Ubiquity
is basically one of the first impressions of Kubuntu a new user gets,
so we want it to be a very positive one!

-Amichai

Jonathan Jesse 04-11-2010 12:29 AM

Yuriy Kozlov wrote:

I don't know about what happens when you click on it, but I found that
button really confusing, especially with the slideshow. "Skip" what?

~ Yuriy

In the installer when it is scanning the repository I have the option to
click on Skip, if I click on Skip, Ubiquity goes away and never finishes,
anyone else expericening it?

Noticed this isn't a problem in the Netbook edition as there is no slideshow and the "skip" button doesn't exist.* Would have to look t what exactly is going on in the slideshow