-   -   rekonq new upstream (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/351442-rekonq-new-upstream.html)

schmirrwurst 04-04-2010 11:48 AM

rekonq new upstream

with the rekonq version from lucid, I experience some important problems with
some website, this bugs seems to be fixed in the new upstream version.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/rekonq/+bug/534630
Is it possible to update rekonq for release ?

Harald Sitter 04-05-2010 08:22 AM

rekonq new upstream

Am Sonntag, 4. April 2010 13:48:37 schrieb schmirrwurst:
> Is it possible to update rekonq for release ?

Yes, technically an update is possible, if it is non-invasive, got good QA,
someone to prepare it... BUT the latest stable version is 0.4.0, which is
aleady in the archives, so technicaly there is nothing to update.

To fix this particular bug though, someone would need to pinpoint which
precise change fixed the issue and backport a patch (if it even qualifies for
that).

On a related note: why is the upstream bug reopened when it is fixed?

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Rohan Garg 04-06-2010 11:31 AM

rekonq new upstream

The latest upstream version is 0.4 which is already included in lucid,in order to fix that bug in 0.4 we will need to patch the file responsible for that bug.Ill talk to Andrea ( rekonq head dev ) about what could possibly be wrong and get back with a patch hopefully.

On another side note,i dont know if this patch will be applied right away or not,any suggestions are welcome.
RegardsRohan Gargwww.launchpad.net/~rohangarg