Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Patrick Dickey

Default Meeting Minutes (KOfficeUserReview)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:43:57 +0100
kubuntu-devel-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

> > == KOfficeUserReview ==
> >
> > apachelogger said he wanted a survey of KOffice to see if it is
> > ready to replace Open Office. It was suggested to do this around
> > the KOffice 2.2 release
>
> KOffice 2.2 will not be end-user ready, according to the koffice team
> and my own gauging.

If you're looking for people to try out KOffice 2.2, let me know. I'd
be more than willing to give it a go. I've already got some ideas that
I'd like to see added to either it or OpenOffice (assuming they're not
in it already).

Have a great day
Patrick.

--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
(If this works, these links should appear as html links)

Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Ofir Klinger

Sign me too.
I am following KOffice development for some time, and I really want it to become stable and mature (at least as OOo).
My last tests (latest KOffice 2.1 from ppa) showed that KOffice is unable to import OpenDocument documents and spreadsheet properly.

Actually, it seems that only few things can be imported, like number of pages and simple text. Everything else is missing or messed-up.The MS Office filter status is the same (I didn't test OOXML, though).

Just to be clear, I know that KOffice is not even close to be mature right now nor in the near future. I just wanted to share with you my experience in hope to help or ear some more feedback from others.

Ofir