-   -   Kubuntu Documentation Translation (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/348739-kubuntu-documentation-translation.html)

Kristˇf Kiszel 03-29-2010 07:11 PM

Kubuntu Documentation Translation

Hello,

as you know, the new Kubuntu documentation was uploaded yesterday. The templates are ready to translation, but the translators need to be complete it until 15th April. Currently there are 2122 untranslated hungarian string, it is impossible to translate during this time. Is it a chance to export and package the translations after 15th April, or it will be not included in Lucid, if we won't finish the it?

Kristof Kiszel (ulysses)

Richard JOHNSON 03-29-2010 07:23 PM

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 09:11:40PM +0200, Kristˇf Kiszel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you know, the new Kubuntu documentation was uploaded yesterday. The
> templates are ready to translation, but the translators need to be complete
> it until 15th April. Currently there are 2122 untranslated hungarian string,
> it is impossible to translate during this time. Is it a chance to export and
> package the translations after 15th April, or it will be not included in
> Lucid, if we won't finish the it?

Get as much done as possible. We can push out an updated package post lucid
release. If there aren't many translations completed prior to lucid
release, then there will only be English documentation shipped.

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer
WWW| http://www.ubuntu.com
Email| nixternal@ubuntu.com
GnuPG| 3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96 7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

David Wonderly 09-15-2011 12:40 PM

Kubuntu Documentation Translation

Greetings,

The Kubuntu documentation for 10.10 Oneiric has been uploaded as
kubuntu-docs for Oneiric and is ready for translation.

Thank you all!

Cheers!

David Wonderly
Kubuntu Documentation

Jonathan Raphael Joachim Kolberg 09-15-2011 03:42 PM

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2011, 05:40:39 schrieb David Wonderly:
> Greetings,
>
> The Kubuntu documentation for 10.10 Oneiric has been uploaded as
> kubuntu-docs for Oneiric and is ready for translation.
>
> Thank you all!
IÔÇÖll do translating next week. And I hope I get German translation to 100% and
included :)

Regards Jonathan--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

Valter Mura 09-24-2011 11:20 AM

In data giovedý 15 settembre 2011 14:40:39, David Wonderly ha scritto:

*

> Greetings,

> The Kubuntu documentation for 10.10 Oneiric has been uploaded as

> kubuntu-docs for Oneiric and is ready for translation.

*

Hello everybody!

*

May I ask a question here?

*

If I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/natty/+lang/it

*

I find the most of the strings *untranslated*, even if i'm totally sure to have translated and updated the strings some months ago (the time of the natty release)

*

But, if I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/kubuntu-docs

*

I can find my translations (for Italian)

*

If I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/oneiric

*

Nothing

*

But if I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/oneiric/+source/kubuntu-docs

*

I can find my translations with the few strings to update.

*

So, which is the correct way to follow? Kubuntu is obviously part of the Ubuntu project, but if it has its own project organization in Launchpad, it would not be better to use only a place to work for translations, with only the starting repository activated? I mean https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/oneiric

*

Maybe I'm wrong, please clarify the procedure, thank you so much.

*

Ciao

--

Valter

*Open Source is better!*

KDE: www.kde.org

Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org

LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org

*

Matthew East 09-24-2011 07:00 PM

Kubuntu Documentation Translation

Hi Valter,

On 24 September 2011 12:20, Valter Mura <valtermura@gmail.com> wrote:
> In data giovedý 15 settembre 2011 14:40:39, David Wonderly ha scritto:
> If I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/natty/+lang/it
>
> I find the most of the strings *untranslated*, even if i'm totally sure to
> have translated and updated the strings some months ago (the time of the
> natty release)
>
> But, if I go here:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/kubuntu-docs
>
> I can find my translations (for Italian)

This is strange, because the kubuntu-docs project is set up to share
translations with translations in the kubuntu-docs package in Ubuntu.
So they should be the same. We'll need someone familiar with Launchpad
to understand this better.

> If I go here: https://translations.launchpad.net/kubuntu-docs/oneiric
>

> Nothing

The problem here was that the translation templates were waiting for
approval in the import queue. I have now approved them and hopefully
this will be working soon.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org