Old 03-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Meeting Monday 23:00UTC

Kubuntu meeting on Monday 29 March at 23:00UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

Jonathan

Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Tomas Gustavsson

I'm just curious, is the meeting for only Americans? In my time (living in Sweden) 2300UTC would correspond to 0100 here (GMT+2). Sweden is not alone as you now. People from German, Great Brittain, France and several other places in Europe/Asia will have a hard time attending.

Wouldn't it be better if we all sacrificed a weekend or something? I don't know about my fellow Europeans but I like to be in bed around midnight. Fortunately (or should I say unfortunately) for me I'm currently unemployed, for those who aren't they are going to want their beauty sleep I believe.

I really hope that my time convertion is wrong cause I can't understand it.
/Tomas "tomplast" Gustavsson*

Old 03-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Monday 29 March 2010 4:44:10 am Tomas Gustavsson wrote:
> I'm just curious, is the meeting for only Americans?

Well Jonathan's Scottish...

> In my time (living in
> Sweden) 2300UTC would correspond to 0100 here (GMT+2). Sweden is not alone
> as you now. People from German, Great Brittain, France and several other
> places in Europe/Asia will have a hard time attending.
>
> Wouldn't it be better if we all sacrificed a weekend or something? I don't
> know about my fellow Europeans but I like to be in bed around midnight.
> Fortunately (or should I say unfortunately) for me I'm currently
> unemployed, for those who aren't they are going to want their beauty sleep
> I believe.
>
> I really hope that my time convertion is wrong cause I can't understand it.

Your conversion is right. There are no meeting times that are convenient for
*everyone* which is why meeting times vary. It's also why a poll is sent out
before each meeting for people to vote on when would be good times.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Celeste Lyn Paul

23:00 UTC is still pretty early for people in North America,
especially if they have jobs, can't IRC from work, have families to
pick up from school/cook for, or don't live on the east coast. The
time isn't better one way or another inconveniences are just
different. I think staying up late is easier than getting out of work
early.

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Tomas Gustavsson <tomplast@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just curious, is the meeting for only Americans? In my time (living in
> Sweden) 2300UTC would correspond to 0100 here (GMT+2). Sweden is not alone
> as you now. People from German, Great Brittain, France and several other
> places in Europe/Asia will have a hard time attending.
> Wouldn't it be better if we all sacrificed a weekend or something? I don't
> know about my fellow Europeans but I like to be in bed around midnight.
> Fortunately (or should I say unfortunately) for me I'm currently unemployed,
> for those who aren't they are going to want their beauty sleep I believe.
> I really hope that my time convertion is wrong cause I can't understand it.
> /Tomas "tomplast" Gustavsson
>
> 2010/3/29 Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
>>
>> Kubuntu meeting on Monday 29 March at 23:00UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors
www.kde.org

Old 03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Michał Zając

Dnia poniedziałek, 29 marca 2010 o 02:13:08 Jonathan Riddell napisał(a):
> Kubuntu meeting on Monday 29 March at 23:00UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
>
> Jonathan

Well, that is too late for me, GMT +1 and I have two tests coming up tomorrow
so I would not show up even at 20 UTC probably. As mentioned earlier, it is
very hard to pick a time that suits all of us

Michal

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

Which is also why they are held publicly on IRC, so that if you cannot attend,
then you can still review the discussion the next day and bring forward and
concerns or items that were missed.

Also, if you know ahead of time that you cannot attend, it is often beneficial
to send in your items and thoughts (assuming there is an agenda of items
presented) via another member or put them up on the meeting wiki page to
ensure they get addressed.

I hope this helps. It is really difficult to have a "one size fits all" when it
comes to world wide meetings. Best we can do is put up a poll, and hope the
majority who need to be available can squeeze in a time that works.

I for one have had to miss a couple of recent ones, and I am in the NA tz, but
work got in the way.

Cheers,

Rod.

_______________________________________
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada
E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@gmail.com
LP: launchpad.net/~roderick-greening
Wiki: wiki.ubuntu.com/rgreening
Blog: roderick-greening.blogspot.com
Twitter: twitter.com/rgreening
Identica: identi.ca/rgreening

Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Harald Sitter

Am Montag, 29. März 2010 18:22:08 schrieb Michał Zając:
> Well, that is too late for me, GMT +1 and I have two tests coming up
> tomorrow so I would not show up even at 20 UTC probably. As mentioned
> earlier, it is very hard to pick a time that suits all of us

Good luck with the tests nevertheless

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer