-   -   Nvidia propietary driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/348278-nvidia-propietary-driver.html)

"TRINGALINVENT@libero.it" 03-28-2010 07:08 PM

Nvidia propietary driver

Hello everybody,
a friend of mine has a notebook with Kubuntu 9.10, and has many problems with the video driver: the computer is an ASUS M50Vn with a graphic card NVIDIA geforce 9650m GT. Searching on internet we found out that it is a known bug, but the only solution is to use old drivers version 173. Anyway, with those drivers graphics is VERY SLOW, quite unuseful. Someone in a forum post said that there were no problems with Kubuntu 9.04.
So I'm asking... does anyone know how to make propietary drivers work good? Will Lucid Linx have a solution for this problem?

Tres Finocchiaro 03-28-2010 10:22 PM

Nvidia propietary driver

TRINGALINVENT,

This is more likely an Xorg issue than a Kubuntu issue.* Thanks for bringing it to my attention as I use nvidia hardware, but this may be the wrong channel.

You have some luck asking around on the nVidia or Ubuntu forums.* The Kubuntu developers may not be able to help you with this issue.

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com