Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Richard JOHNSON

Default testers needed for plasma-widget-networkmanagement

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:07:19AM +0100, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday 11 March 2010 22:12:21 Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:14:53PM +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > You should now be able to use the plasmoid to connect to the network
> > > and reply to this e-mail telling us how you got on.
> >
> > One thing I have to keep doing is the qdbus part after a reboot in order to
> > see any wireless access points. Shouldn't this be automatic?
>
> No, I've explained the other emails to this thread why:

Explain louder next time, as I am obviously deaf Thanks for waking me
up, who needs coffee? We just need a bit of sebas!!!

> There's a bug in the lower layers, which is on Will's list right now. Once that's
> fixed, I'll make it work in the plasmoid.

You love being my hero don't you? I have figured out the work around. Under
~/.kde/share/apps/networkmanagement/connections/ you find the funny named
file (UUID obviously), and set the wireless access point's MAC address for
the 'seenbssids'. Then it magically works

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer
WWW| http://www.ubuntu.com
Email| nixternal@ubuntu.com
GnuPG| 3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96 7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Old 03-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Nils Kassube

Here is an update to my problem with the 64 bit version of the plasma-
widget-networkmanagement (svn 1099313):

First I removed ~/.kde/share/config/{kwalletrc,networkmanagementrc} and
then the tooltip showed "getrennet" (German for "disconnected") but I
could not connect using "manage connections". Then I removed
~/.kde/share/apps/{kwallet,networkmanagement} and the situation was like
it was in the beginning, i.e. the tooltip showed "UNKNOWN STATE FIX ME"
etc. Finally I renamed the ~/.kde directory and logged in again to
create a new ~/:kde. Now I could successfully connect to my wireless
network with WPA2.

My conclusion: There must have been something in an old config file in
~/.kde which caused the problem. This system was upgraded from 9.10 to
Lucid at about the time when alpha 2 was available. From then on it was
updated nearly daily. However I only used the KDE network management in
the beginning for a very short time and then switched to WICD. I'm sorry
if I caused any confusion with my initial report. OTOH, some further
tests might be needed to make sure that upgrades from 9.10 work without
trouble.

Nils