Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default testers needed for plasma-widget-networkmanagement

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:08:05PM +0100, Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 14:59:50 Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> > > Only wired works.
> >
> > Can you make sure the networkmanagement module is loaded into kded?
> > ( qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule networkmanagement )
>
> Has to return true.
>
> I just installed the packages Jonathan points to on another machine, and I'm unable
> to load the kded module. Apparently, the kded module is not being installed by the
> package.

It's certainly in the knm-runtime package. I tried my own
instructions on a new machine and it didn't load the kded module the
first time but did the second. I also had to restart plasma before it
would load the plasmoid.

Jonathan

Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Nils Kassube

Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 09:21:17 Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Only wired works.
>
> Can you make sure the networkmanagement module is loaded into kded?
> ( qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule networkmanagement
> )

Did that - returns true.

> To be sure, pull up "kcmshell4 kcmkded" and check if there is
> "EXPERIMENTAL NetworkManager User Settings Service" among the
> Load-on-Demand services, and that it's running.

Yes, it is running.

> > When I hover over the plasmoid it says "Wireless 802.11 UNKNOWN
> > STATE FIX ME".
>
> The usefulness of big, ugly error messages I assume this one's in
> the tooltip and you don't see it on the Plasmoid's popup?

Yes and no. Yes, it is the tool tip. No, I can see it at the plasmoid's
popup as well.

> > I left clicked the plasmoid and then "Manage Connections" and
> > the scan button doesn't see any of the two networks available,
> > which can be seen with "sudo iwlist wlan0 scan". If I try to enter
> > the network data manually it doesn't let me use WPA2. That was on
> > the AMD64 system BTW. Wireless apadter is Atheros AR5001 chip set
> > with the ath5k driver.
>
> Can you also check "nm-tool"?

~/ > nm-tool

NetworkManager Tool

State: disconnected

- Device: eth0
Type: Wired
Driver: r8169
State: unavailable
Default: no
HW Address: 00:1E:33:F5:81:27

Capabilities:
Carrier Detect: yes
Speed: 10 Mb/s

Wired Properties
Carrier: off

- Device: wlan0
Type: 802.11 WiFi
Driver: ath5k
State: disconnected
Default: no
HW Address: 00:26:B6:11:1D:37

Capabilities:

Wireless Properties
WEP Encryption: yes
WPA Encryption: yes
WPA2 Encryption: yes

Wireless Access Points
WLAN-001F3F1CA20C: Infra, 00:1F:3F:1C:A2:0C, Freq 2412 MHz, Rate 54
Mb/s, Strength 41 WPA
WLAN-1839EDE9C7: Infra, 00:18:39:ED:E9:C7, Freq 2462 MHz, Rate 54
Mb/s, Strength 94 WPA2

~/ >

What else do you want me to test?

Nils

Old 03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Cedric Brandenbourger

Hi

Just installed the new plasma-widget-networkmanagement.
Works great. Will it be present in final release?

Cédric

Old 03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Sebastian Kügler

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 15:39:49 Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > > Can you make sure the networkmanagement module is loaded into kded?
> > >
> > > ( qdbus org.kde.kded /kded org.kde.kded.loadModule networkmanagement )
> >
> > Has to return true.
> >
> > I just installed the packages Jonathan points to on another machine, and
> > I'm unable to load the kded module. Apparently, the kded module is not
> > being installed by the package.
>
> It's certainly in the knm-runtime package. I tried my own
> instructions on a new machine and it didn't load the kded module the
> first time but did the second. I also had to restart plasma before it
> would load the plasmoid.
>
> Jonathan

Hm, not sure I'm getting the right thing installed (running the KDE 4.4 packages on
Karmic):

mana.sebas(/etc/apt): search network-manager-kde
mana.sebas(/etc/apt): dpkg -l|g plasma-widget-network
ii plasma-widget-networkmanagement 0.9~svn1029786+ag1-0ubuntu1
Network Management widget for KDE4 Plasma

This looks like an old revision. I've

mana.sebas(/etc/apt): cat sources.list.d/kubuntu-ppa-experimental-karmic.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/experimental/ubuntu karmic main

Any idea why I'm not getting an update package?
--
sebas

Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Divan Santana

On Tuesday 09 March 2010 21:16:42 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Any idea why I'm not getting an update package?

I think it's only available in the lucid repo.
Divan Santana
082 787 8522

Old 03-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Luka Renko