Old 01-10-2008, 04:14 AM

Default Starting to contribute

Hi,

My name is Andrew and I am an Australian based developer. I would like
to start contributing to Kubuntu by developing some code. I see from the
wiki that Katapult needs to be converted to KDE4. I would like to take
on this task if it is still valid. Otherwise where can I find a TODO list.

Andrew

Old 01-10-2008, 07:28 AM
"Toni Pizŕ"

> Hi,
>
> My name is Andrew and I am an Australian based developer. I would like
> to start contributing to Kubuntu by developing some code. I see from the
> wiki that Katapult needs to be converted to KDE4. I would like to take
> on this task if it is still valid. Otherwise where can I find a TODO list.
>
> Andrew

The KDE 4.0 provides KRunner to launch aplications and more, take a
look to it. I think it's a good replacement for Katapult. But there is
a lot work pending with the new branche of KDE. Maybe some KUbuntu
developer can show you a list of pending tasks.

Thank you,

Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Juan Carlos Torres

Based on a previous discussion long ago between Plasma and Katapult lead
developers, there was supposed to be a plan to have both KRunner (Plasma) and
Katapult use the same data source/backends (runners) and just diverge with
the UI. But that probably requires almost a complete rewrite of Katapult.
Maybe sometime in the future.

For now, you can join the #kubuntu-devel @ irc.ubuntu.com and try to contact
jpatrick (Jonathan Patrick Davies) as I believe he was the last to touch
Katapult, trying to port it over to CMake as well as trying to add some
features from other Katapult "branches".

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Sebastian Kügler

On Thursday 10 January 2008 10:14:54 Juan Carlos Torres wrote:
> Based on a previous discussion long ago between Plasma and Katapult lead
> developers, there was supposed to be a plan to have both KRunner (Plasma)
> and Katapult use the same data source/backends (runners) and just diverge
> with the UI. But that probably requires almost a complete rewrite of
> Katapult. Maybe sometime in the future.

In fact, I've just seen some screenshots that make krunner look very similar
to katapult. You can ask ruphy on irc.freenode.net #plasma about it, and how
you can help. He's very responsive and nice.

--
sebas