Old 02-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Yuriy Kozlov

Default Plymouth

Hi all,

Has there been any work on a Plymouth splash theme for Kubuntu? Right
now I just get an ugly blue bar across the bottom of the screen on
boot.
Does anybody know what is involved in making one? I think something
along the lines of the default wallpaper fading in + a Kubuntu logo
would be great.

~ Yuriy

Old 02-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 02:42:37PM -0500, Yuriy Kozlov wrote:
> Has there been any work on a Plymouth splash theme for Kubuntu? Right
> now I just get an ugly blue bar across the bottom of the screen on
> boot.
> Does anybody know what is involved in making one? I think something
> along the lines of the default wallpaper fading in + a Kubuntu logo
> would be great.

tseliot/Alberto has said he can do the theme creation but is holding off
because some of the technical setup is changing.

Having KDM fade in from plymouth needs patches, GDM has them
27_save_root_window.patch and 28_plymouth_transition.patch but they
need ported to KDM.

Jonathan