-   -   Naming scheme for KDE Configuration Modules (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/319326-naming-scheme-kde-configuration-modules.html)

Celeste Lyn Paul 02-02-2010 03:58 PM

Naming scheme for KDE Configuration Modules

Option D kde-config-*. KCM is a description of the technical
implementation and not a description of the purpose of system
settings. If a new module framework was developed, the concept of kcm
could become obsolete. D would also work well with standalone modules
outside the shell.

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors