Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Alessandro Ghersi

Default new kdm theme

In data Thursday 28 January 2010 03:45:05 AM, Roman Shtylman ha scritto:
: > I changed the kdm theme that I did with the Quadros wallpaper to use
> the new Ethais wallpaper:
> http://shtylman.com/stuff/kdm_latest.png
>
> The actual files are here:
> http://shtylman.com/stuff/new_kdm_theme.tar.gz
>
> Just run the install.sh, all it does is copy the ethais kdm theme to
> the right location. It also copies one of the png's (rectangle.png) to
> change the ksplash theme center part. The overall transition from kdm
> -> kplash -> desktop is much much nicer that way.
>
> I am proposing that we aim to use this as the default kdm theme
> (instead of the current one we have) for lucid. That is if no one has
> any serious objections.
>
> ~Roman

Hi, I like it, but just one question, why not try your kdm theme with Kubuntu
logo instead of "that K which means only KDE".... ?

Thanks
Lex

Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Jonathan Jesse

+1 i think it rocks, and looks great, good job

Old 01-28-2010, 02:38 AM
Roman Shtylman

A quick modification to use the kubuntu logo instead:
http://www.shtylman.com/stuff/kdm_kubuntu.png

I personally think the one with the K looks a bit better... but it
might just be my poor positioning of the kubuntu logo.

~Roman

Old 01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Sebastian Kügler

On Thursday 28 January 2010 10:01:30 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> 2. Is there a matching background for the splash screen?

I think upstream's splash matches. (Haven't tried the transition, i.e. it all offsets
are OK, but I understand Roman took care of that.)

Nice work
--
sebas

Old 01-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Harald Sitter

Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 03:57:27 schrieb Yuriy Kozlov:
> Looks great, just one thing:
> Can we get a Kubuntu logo on there? The screen that comes up when my
> computer turns on should really say what operating system I'm running,
> and the KDE 3.x releases always had it.

Two thoughts on that:
a) why would a regular user care? ... also, there is a boot splash?
b) what is the point of incomplete branding? (i.e. it would be the only thingy
other than the boot splash)

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Harald Sitter

Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 04:38:01 schrieb Roman Shtylman:
> A quick modification to use the kubuntu logo instead:
> http://www.shtylman.com/stuff/kdm_kubuntu.png
>
> I personally think the one with the K looks a bit better... but it
> might just be my poor positioning of the kubuntu logo.

It might work if you position in a way that only 1/4 of the logo is visible or
something, but then again that would not be terribly useful branding ... I
would stick with the K

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Harald Sitter

Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 10:01:30 schrieb Aurélien Gâteau:
> 2. Is there a matching background for the splash screen?

That is the default background of 4.4?!
If you do not get it in the splash screen, then your ksplashx refuses to
update the cache, for some reason it sometimes chooses to do that *shrug*

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
Christian Mangold

Don't we have a policy to stick as close as we can with upstream? Don't get
me wrong, I really love this theme, but afair we do not want to use custom
artwork?

Regards Christian

--
neversfelde@jabber.neversfelde.de
neversfelde on irc.freenode.net

Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Jonathan Thomas

On Sun 31 Jan 2010 07:38:09 pm Christian Mangold wrote:
> Don't we have a policy to stick as close as we can with
upstream? Don't
> get me wrong, I really love this theme, but afair we do not
want to use
> custom artwork?

This would have been in upstream for 4.4, but it missed the
artwork freeze. The theme has the complete blessings of the
upstream artwork team, it just missed the deadline.

> Regards Christian

Jonathan Thomas

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Vishal Rao

On 1 February 2010 06:11, Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun 31 Jan 2010 07:38:09 pm Christian Mangold wrote:
>> Don't we have a policy to stick as close as we can with
> upstream? *Don't
>> get me wrong, I really love this theme, but afair we do not
> want to use
>> custom artwork?
>
> This would have been in upstream for 4.4, but it missed the
> artwork freeze. The theme has the complete blessings of the
> upstream artwork team, it just missed the deadline.

A single user's opinion offered here: Please do include this for the LTS! :-)