Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 AM
"Scott Kitterman"

Default new kdm theme

> Don't we have a policy to stick as close as we can with upstream? Don't
> get
> me wrong, I really love this theme, but afair we do not want to use custom
> artwork?

Generally this is true, but in this case the default themes for 4.4 are an
attempt to be "out there" a bit and be unusual. Upstream agrees they are
not suitable for an LTS release. In this case we will go with an
alternative that is blessed by upstream because it's more suitable for
what we are trying to do.

Scott K

Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Jonathan Thomas

On Sun 31 Jan 2010 08:27:01 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Don't we have a policy to stick as close as we can with
upstream? Don't
> > get
> > me wrong, I really love this theme, but afair we do not
want to use
> > custom artwork?
>
> Generally this is true, but in this case the default themes
for 4.4 are an
> attempt to be "out there" a bit and be unusual. Upstream
agrees they are
> not suitable for an LTS release. In this case we will go
with an
> alternative that is blessed by upstream because it's more
suitable for
> what we are trying to do.

They toned down their default wallpaper quite a bit for the
later RCs. That square one is no longer the default, if that's
what you were meaning.

The current KDM theme is basically the old one with the default
Ethias wallpaper. The proposed one has an enhanced dialog
graphic with the same Ethias background. (See previous mails
for screenshots)

> Scott K

Jonathan