Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Jussi Schultink

Default IRC Council Access.

Hi All,*
I'm writing to the list as per asked to at the last Kubuntu meeting, with regard to +votiAf access for the IRC Council in #kubuntu-devel. As was discussed at UDS, the Ubuntu IRC Council is changing the way access is handled in the main ubuntu channels to a way that makes things a lot easier to manage.*

This includes the use of Launchpad teams and a core operator team, as suggested by the SABDFL in one of our sessions - you can see more how it works here:*http://tsimpson.ubottu.com/blog/archives/3

To*achieve*this, we need the the access for so the bot can add operators and the IRCC can act in emergencies.*
The Kubuntu Council will be added as an admin for the launchpad team, so no functionality is lost for the Kubuntu team - indeed this should make things easier for you.*

This does not meant that there will be any major changes to the way #kubuntu-devel is currently run, or any*unnecessary*interference*from the IRC council.*
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and we will attempt to answer them as best we can. You can grab us by email, or find us on IRC, and most of us in #kubuntu-devel.

Our IRC nicks, for reference, are jussi01, Pici, tsimpson, nhandler and topyli.*
Cheers*
Jussi

Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:23:20AM +0200, Jussi Schultink wrote:
> I'm writing to the list as per asked to at the last Kubuntu meeting,
> with regard to +votiAf access for the IRC Council in #kubuntu-devel.
> As was discussed at UDS, the Ubuntu IRC Council is changing the way
> access is handled in the main ubuntu channels to a way that makes
> things a lot easier to manage.
>
> This includes the use of Launchpad teams and a core operator team, as
> suggested by the SABDFL in one of our sessions - you can see more how
> it works here: [1]http://tsimpson.ubottu.com/blog/archives/3
>
> To achieve this, we need the the access for so the bot can add
> operators and the IRCC can act in emergencies.
>
> The Kubuntu Council will be added as an admin for the launchpad team,
> so no functionality is lost for the Kubuntu team - indeed this should
> make things easier for you.

This sounds fine, thanks for exmplaining. Please make sure the
kubuntu-council is an admin for all the kubuntu related channels.

Jonathan

Old 01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Lydia Pintscher

Ok thanks for the explanation. It's clearer now than at the meeting

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager

Old 01-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Christian Mangold

As I am trying to convince my loco to also do it, I asked the council for some
links:

- http://tsimpson.ubottu.com/blog/archives/3

- https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/bantrackertwo/+spec/import-access-
list-into-launchpad/

-https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/irc-council-lucid-plans

Sorry, if they were mentioned before, I only had a quick look at this thread.

Christian

--
neversfelde@jabber.neversfelde.de
neversfelde on irc.freenode.net