-   -   Kubuntu Meeting Minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/313450-kubuntu-meeting-minutes.html)

Jonathan Riddell 01-22-2010 03:52 PM

Kubuntu Meeting Minutes

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings/Minutes/2009-12-22

= Kubuntu Meeting 2009-12-22 =

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/01/21/%23ubuntu-meeting.html

ACTION ITEMS
ScottK: work with tomplast to get usb-modeswitch into main
JonathanRiddell, quintasan: switch qt to ibus

== Does the Kubuntu Council need a mailing list ==

We decided not to have a mailing list, the launchpad page has a
"contact this team" facility

== Speedcrunch vs. KCalc ==

We decided to switch to KCalc from Speedcrunch which saves some size
and gives us more translations

== Ubuntu IRC Council for channel domination ==

The Ubuntu IRC Council want ops access on our channel. We weren't
clear why this was decided without consultation with the Kubuntu
community (JonathanRiddell originally registered the Kubuntu namespace
with freenode but this seems to have been changed without consent at
some point). We decided to postpone the decision until a more full
explanation can be given on the mailing list.

== DBusMenu and applications getting creative with tray menus ==

Aurelien discussed the status of the DBusMenu implementation for
systray icons. We decided to try and add a "don't use dbus menu"
option to the API for apps which use a-typical menu widgets such as
kopete.

== How will the experience in Kubuntu 10.04 be for mobile broadband
users? ==

This is a matter for upstream knetworkmanager.

usb-modeswitch is needed for some devices and ScottK and tomplast will
put it into main.

== IRC client deathmatch? ==

We discussed IRC clients again. There doesn't seem to be much to
advantage one over the other, especially if Quassel gets gettext
support. We postponed any change.

== Input Methods once again ==

quintasan and jonathan to look at changing Qt default input method to
ibus

== mplayerthumbs vs kffmpegthumbnailer ==

kffmpegthumbnailer is a nice thumbnailer for videos, quite fast.
Space permitting we will try and get it onto the CD.

Jonathan Riddell 09-14-2012 03:01 PM

Kubuntu Meeting minutes

Minutes
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings/Minutes/2012-09-14

== Action items ==

* investigate splitting kipi - apachelogger
* investigate adding all wallpaper sizes to CD - yofel
* test kde-config-tablet in quantal - d__ed, Quintasan
* review kde-core-devel for print-manager discussion - riddell
* find knowledgeable testers for colord-kde - riddell
* add ktp presence applet, remove message indicator by default - shadeslayer
* open a bug on ktp presence applet to hide if no account - d__ed
* make lightdm background match splash - apachelogger
* find out who made the kubuntu wallpaper on kubuntu.org and ask them to make one for 12.10 - riddell
* poke jussi and darking to get a full vote on calligra - riddell
* rough budget for UDS sponsored people and e-mail conversation to decide - riddell
* get kubuntu swag - riddell

I forgot a couple items
dropping alternate CDs - currently ScottK's idea seems sensible, keep building them but plan not to release them with beta 2 if we cover the same features as Ubiquity-GTK (we do but it needs more testing) and make test cases in iso tracker for the new LVM and encrypted partitioning

language-selector - my changes to kcm-locale don't match for features in a number of ways and ubuntu desktop seems to be sticking with language-selector but language-selector-kde has the troubles of python 3 embedding with kcontrol modules probably not working

jussi's vote for libreoffice means it seems that's the way the council wants to go, someone should make that change. I'm interested in having krita and maybe kexi on the image anyway if space.

Jonathan

Scott Kitterman 09-14-2012 04:59 PM

Kubuntu Meeting minutes

On Friday, September 14, 2012 04:01:07 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Minutes
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings/Minutes/2012-09-14
>
> == Action items ==

> jussi's vote for libreoffice means it seems that's the way the council wants
> to go, someone should make that change. I'm interested in having krita and
> maybe kexi on the image anyway if space.

I just made the seed changes and I'll upload a new meta shortly. I left
krita/kexi in for the moment. Someone should check image size tomorrow and
wee where we are.

Scott K