Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
Steve Stalcup

Default Saving space for Kubuntu 10.04: Replacing Ktorrent with transmission-qt

On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Tomas Gustavsson <tomplast@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know about you, but I haven't grow too found of Ktorrent,
> maybe it's just that I haven't spent that much time with it. But
> still I don't see what it has that transmission hasn't. Transmission
> is user friendly (imho) and takes less space then Ktorrent (we would
> save at least 1.8M by replacing it). I have checked dependencies but
> I'm not sure which packages are stored on the cd, the dependencies
> for transmissiont-qt were only from packages in main.

I just have one thing to say, I <3 ktorrent. It is not only the
premier torrent client for KDE, it is one of the best period.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Michał Zając

Dnia piątek 22 stycznia 2010 o 08:17:12 Jussi Schultink napisał(a):
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 21, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Tomas Gustavsson <tomplast@gmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > I don't know about you, but I haven't grow too found of Ktorrent,
> > > maybe it's just that I haven't spent that much time with it. But
> > > still I don't see what it has that transmission hasn't. Transmission
> > > is user friendly (imho) and takes less space then Ktorrent (we would
> > > save at least 1.8M by replacing it). I have checked dependencies but
> > > I'm not sure which packages are stored on the cd, the dependencies
> > > for transmissiont-qt were only from packages in main.
> >
> > I just have one thing to say, I <3 ktorrent. It is not only the
> > premier torrent client for KDE, it is one of the best period.
> >
> > Absolutely +1 here. Ktorrent is one of the best clients available - on
> > any
>
> platform. It is one of our "premier apps" like amarok or k3b and we should
> not be even thinking about dropping it - especially for a LTS.
>
> Jussi

I would not even consider it after LTS, with the upcoming 4.0.0 version we
will get the very wanted Magnet links support.

--
Michał Zając
xmpp: quintasan@ubuntu.pl

Old 01-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Thursday 21 January 2010 8:23:49 pm Steve Stalcup wrote:
> I just have one thing to say, I <3 ktorrent. It is not only the
> premier torrent client for KDE, it is one of the best period.

KTorrent was my preferred torrent client even as a GNOME user (Deluge was a
decent enough substitute when I wanted to not mix GTK and Qt though).

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo