Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Default Kubuntu Meeting Scheduling

Let's have another Kubuntu Meeting, please indicate when you are available

http://doodle.com/xyea69z37v4wrkb9

Jonathan

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Time to schedule a Kubuntu meeting

main topic on the agenda will be the new logo, the ideas we've come up
with are http://jasmine.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kubuntu-logos.png I'd like
to find if there's a broad consensus for any of those to be sent back
to the design folks for finalising.

Please schedule yourself at

http://www.doodle.com/nb4tw9n4rmwap7un

times in UTC

Jonathan

Old 03-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Mandla Mbuli

Hi All

I am a Kubuntu user and I love the idea of the logo change, I am also loving Karmic beta at the moment :-D. I would like to bring to your attention this: kubuntu-logo-mock-ups I hope they get considered during the meeting. I personally like power gear and gumdrop head. I would also like to bring the gnome do logo to your attention gnome-do, the gears might look similar to the proposed logo ideas.

(I hope I am allowed to post such, I sincerely apologise if I am intruding).

Leonard

Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Sunday 28 March 2010 9:31:45 am Mandla Mbuli wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am a Kubuntu user and I love the idea of the logo change, I am also
> loving Karmic beta at the moment :-D. I would like to bring to your
> attention this:
> kubuntu-logo-mock-ups<http://fatbuttlarry.blogspot.com/2009/08/kubuntu-log
> o-mock-ups.html>I hope they get considered during the meeting. I personally
> like power gear
> and gumdrop head.

I think we were going for new monochrome logos because that's what Ubuntu just
did (they have an orange circle with a white Circle of Friends). I think the
concern in this case is that if we copy and have a circle with a small Circle
of Cogs, the cogs get too tiny and become unrecognizable.

> I would also like to bring the gnome do logo to your
> attention
> gnome-do<http://picasaweb.google.com/lm.mbuli/Linux?feat=directlink>, the
> gears might look similar to the proposed logo ideas.

Thanks for the warning

> (I hope I am allowed to post such, I sincerely apologise if I am
> intruding).

Of course

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 03-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Patrick Dickey

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:00:11 +0100
kubuntu-devel-request@lists.ubuntu.com wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 22:50:02 +0000
> From: Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Kubuntu Meeting scheduling
> To: kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
>

> Time to schedule a Kubuntu meeting
>
> main topic on the agenda will be the new logo, the ideas we've come up
> with are http://jasmine.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kubuntu-logos.png I'd like
> to find if there's a broad consensus for any of those to be sent back
> to the design folks for finalising.
>
> Please schedule yourself at
>
> http://www.doodle.com/nb4tw9n4rmwap7un
>
> times in UTC
>
> Jonathan

One of the times that I accepted (the one with the most participants on
Tuesday-- 10:00 UTC, I believe) is dependent on how long the meeting is
expected to last. I will only be available for about 20 minutes during
that timeframe.

As for which logo I would choose, I'm torn between three of them (and
kind of liking the idea of a morph between a couple of them).

Going from the top, I would choose #7, #9, or #10 (9 or 10 are my
preferred). The morph would be to take the logo from #7 and put it in
like #9 or #10 (preferred) So, either having the three gears inside of
the blue circle (#9) or just having the three gears alone (#10).

Have a great day
Patrick.

--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
(If this works, these links should appear as html links)

Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Jonathan Riddell

pick a time for days next week. Times are in UTC

Jonathan

Old 07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Jonathan Riddell

Doodle is at http://www.doodle.com/h68cq9adwya24ztv