Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Richard JOHNSON

Default KOffice2 status for Lucid

I am working on the KOffice2 package right now, actually I am going to
pause working on the package right now. The reason is because we moved
KOffice2 into main, and it had a lot of universe build depends. If we strip
out these build depends, we will have the sorriest package known to man for
KOffice2. I am a fan of KOffice2 and I do not want to see this, so before I
continue packaging KOffice 2.1.1 which is due out either tomorrow or
Wednesday, I am going to attempt an MIR on the missing packages. I thought
about uploading a substantially stripped KOffice, however I would be
wasting my time, as I would have to go through and uncomment a lot of
stuff.

In the future, if we are going to push a package into main, and it has
build dependencies on packages in universe, I think we should MIR the deps
first before pushing a package into main.

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer
WWW| http://www.ubuntu.com
Email| nixternal@ubuntu.com
GnuPG| 3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96 7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Jussi Schultink

Hi!

[...]

Just wondered, could you give us a list of the build deps that are not in main and what stage they are at in the process?
Cheers

Jussi*
--

*Name| *Richard JOHNSON

Title| *Developer

*WWW| *http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Richard JOHNSON

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 09:48:35AM +0200, Jussi Schultink wrote:
[...]
> Just wondered, could you give us a list of the build deps that are not in
> main and what stage they are at in the process?

I sent a list last night, but they are libspnav, opengtl, glew, pstoedit,
and getfem++. I need to update pstoedit and then file the MIRs for them
today, as that is on my todo list for today.

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer

Old 01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 02:25:08PM -0600, Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> I am working on the KOffice2 package right now, actually I am going to
> pause working on the package right now. The reason is because we moved
> KOffice2 into main, and it had a lot of universe build depends. If we strip
> out these build depends, we will have the sorriest package known to man for
> KOffice2. I am a fan of KOffice2 and I do not want to see this, so before I
> continue packaging KOffice 2.1.1 which is due out either tomorrow or
> Wednesday, I am going to attempt an MIR on the missing packages. I thought
> about uploading a substantially stripped KOffice, however I would be
> wasting my time, as I would have to go through and uncomment a lot of
> stuff.
>
> In the future, if we are going to push a package into main, and it has
> build dependencies on packages in universe, I think we should MIR the deps
> first before pushing a package into main.

We knew this was a job half done, but finishing it off got stuck
behind new year holidays and the RC release. Thanks for picking it
up.

Jonathan