FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Marcus Asshauer
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

Hi,

is anyone taking care of Kubuntu Marketing at the moment? jwisser/logipunk who
should coordinate this (information from apachelogger) told me that he is not
doing this anymore.
Right now we want to build some presentation etc. for our (kubuntu-de.org)
booths. The english ones should be usable for every kubuntu-loco. Is anyone
intrested to help us with this? Is there anyone coordinating the whole
marketing thing?

Best regards
Marcus / mcas

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Harald Sitter
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

Am Montag, 11. Januar 2010 21:20:47 schrieb Marcus Asshauer:
> is anyone taking care of Kubuntu Marketing at the moment? jwisser/logipunk
> who should coordinate this (information from apachelogger) told me that he
> is not doing this anymore.

In that case there is no one taking care of marketing.

> Right now we want to build some presentation etc. for our (kubuntu-de.org)
> booths. The english ones should be usable for every kubuntu-loco. Is anyone
> intrested to help us with this? Is there anyone coordinating the whole
> marketing thing?

Presentations as in ODPs? In english and german? German only? English only?

Anyhow, what comes to mind is that generally Kubuntu needs some CI in that
regard, so some official presentation template might be a good idea. Also I
think the Kubuntu presentation in the example-content package could use an
update.

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer
http://www.kubuntu.org
--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Mackenzie Morgan
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

On Wednesday 13 January 2010 4:21:23 am Harald Sitter wrote:
> Anyhow, what comes to mind is that generally Kubuntu needs some CI in that
> regard, so some official presentation template might be a good idea. Also I
> think the Kubuntu presentation in the example-content package could use an
> update.

OOo Impress includes a Kubuntu template.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
apt-get moo

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Harald Sitter
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010 15:04:56 schrieb Mackenzie Morgan:
> OOo Impress includes a Kubuntu template.

If that thingy did not change recently I would rather not have people use it
(it is of the not-so-sexy-kind IMHO :S)

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer
http://www.kubuntu.org
--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Marcus Asshauer
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

Am Mittwoch 13 Januar 2010 10:21:23 schrieb Harald Sitter:
> Am Montag, 11. Januar 2010 21:20:47 schrieb Marcus Asshauer:
> > is anyone taking care of Kubuntu Marketing at the moment?
> > jwisser/logipunk who should coordinate this (information from
> > apachelogger) told me that he is not doing this anymore.
>
> In that case there is no one taking care of marketing.
>
> > Right now we want to build some presentation etc. for our
> > (kubuntu-de.org) booths. The english ones should be usable for every
> > kubuntu-loco. Is anyone intrested to help us with this? Is there anyone
> > coordinating the whole marketing thing?
>
> Presentations as in ODPs? In english and german? German only? English only?
Yes I am thinking of ODPs running in a loop. I/we build them first in German
and could translate them to english.
>
> Anyhow, what comes to mind is that generally Kubuntu needs some CI in that
> regard, so some official presentation template might be a good idea. Also I
> think the Kubuntu presentation in the example-content package could use an
> update.
>
First I am doing some work on the content not on the layout. But I think this
could be merged later.

Marcus/mcas

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Jonathan Riddell
 
Default Kubuntu Marketing

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 09:20:47PM +0100, Marcus Asshauer wrote:
> is anyone taking care of Kubuntu Marketing at the moment? jwisser/logipunk who
> should coordinate this (information from apachelogger) told me that he is not
> doing this anymore.
> Right now we want to build some presentation etc. for our (kubuntu-de.org)
> booths. The english ones should be usable for every kubuntu-loco. Is anyone
> intrested to help us with this? Is there anyone coordinating the whole
> marketing thing?

This is something we need for Lucid

The ideas we came up with at UDS are at
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Specs/LucidWebsiteMarketingBranding

The website is slowly making progress.
Slogans I have ideas for although I'm not sure the best way to discuss
them.
Loco teams needs a volunteer to coordinate it (or reminding Ralph that
he already volunteered).
Gathering marketing materials like the slides discussed on this thread
would also be very good.

Volunteers welcome

Jonathan





--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org