Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Celeste Lyn Paul

Default I would like the councils to vote on my membership

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org>
> Date: January 2, 2010 1:59:43 PM MST
> To: Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: I would like the councils to vote on my membership
>
> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 21:47, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> blog posts, Facebook and Twitter
>

> I feel by scrutinizing facebook/Twitter posts cross the line. *I accept full
> resposability for what I posted on the planet, I will not accept
> facebook/Twitter- those are opt in services and are in no way connected to
> this project. *After our little scuffle, Tony and I made up - believe it or
> not my Mom-in-law is a multigenerarional Canadian- and her family has been
> there since it was settled
> Like I said in mij iirc post- at the end of the day, we are poeple helping
> people. *I resigned because of the roumers about my posts - no one contacted
> me directly to say "whao Steve, bit harsh there eh? *I would have loved to
> get a ping like that
> As for the reason of my frustration, it's freenode and christel. *I was
> angry during or pm, so was she, I took a cheap shot at me, I took one back-
> and by freenode standard she was wrong to do so,
> For weeks I tried to communicate to her to no avail, hence the email - which
> I shoul not have posted

the thing about open source communities is that they are not
restricted or separated by technology -- they are essentially
borderless. i will not disregard objectionable behavior which can
affect the health of the kubuntu community or its members on a
highly-visible and highly-used medium like facebook or twitter.
kubuntu is a community project and is not limited to the monetary
boundaries of what canonical chooses to officially support. this
doesn't mean you can't object against technical decisions as long as
it is done in a constructive and useful way (rants and other types of
bashing do not usually count as constructive by most people). there is
also no excuse for inappropriate attacks against persons in the
community on *any* medium. if you feel that you cannot restrain
yourself from such personal attacks then perhaps reapplying for
membership is not for you.

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors
www.kde.org

Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Steve Stalcup

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2010, at 5:39 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste@kde.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org>
>> Date: January 2, 2010 1:59:43 PM MST
>> To: Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: I would like the councils to vote on my membership
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 21:47, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> blog posts, Facebook and Twitter
>>

>> I feel by scrutinizing facebook/Twitter posts cross the line. I
>> accept full
>> resposability for what I posted on the planet, I will not accept
>> facebook/Twitter- those are opt in services and are in no way
>> connected to
>> this project. After our little scuffle, Tony and I made up -
>> believe it or
>> not my Mom-in-law is a multigenerarional Canadian- and her family
>> has been
>> there since it was settled
>> Like I said in mij iirc post- at the end of the day, we are poeple
>> helping
>> people. I resigned because of the roumers about my posts - no one
>> contacted
>> me directly to say "whao Steve, bit harsh there eh? I would have
>> loved to
>> get a ping like that
>> As for the reason of my frustration, it's freenode and christel. I
>> was
>> angry during or pm, so was she, I took a cheap shot at me, I took
>> one back-
>> and by freenode standard she was wrong to do so,
>> For weeks I tried to communicate to her to no avail, hence the
>> email - which
>> I shoul not have posted
>
> the thing about open source communities is that they are not
> restricted or separated by technology -- they are essentially
> borderless. i will not disregard objectionable behavior which can
> affect the health of the kubuntu community or its members on a
> highly-visible and highly-used medium like facebook or twitter.
> kubuntu is a community project and is not limited to the monetary
> boundaries of what canonical chooses to officially support. this
> doesn't mean you can't object against technical decisions as long as
> it is done in a constructive and useful way (rants and other types of
> bashing do not usually count as constructive by most people). there is
> also no excuse for inappropriate attacks against persons in the
> community on *any* medium. if you feel that you cannot restrain
> yourself from such personal attacks then perhaps reapplying for
> membership is not for you.

That's kind of a low Blow, considering you have no earthly idea who I
am and what I have contributed

This a very recent change, and I really feel as if an appology is in
order, because Mrs. Councilwoman - you crossed the the line

Is it you peronal belief I shoul have. No further associatio with
Kubuntu/kde. Pleases answer and be honest

Old 01-03-2010, 03:57 AM
Celeste Lyn Paul

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> boundaries of what canonical chooses to officially support. this
>> doesn't mean you can't object against technical decisions as long as
>> it is done in a constructive and useful way (rants and other types of
>> bashing do not usually count as constructive by most people). there is
>> also no excuse for inappropriate attacks against persons in the
>> community on *any* medium. if you feel that you cannot restrain
>> yourself from such personal attacks then perhaps reapplying for
>> membership is not for you.
>
> That's kind of a low *Blow, considering you have no earthly idea who I
> am and what I have contributed
>
> This a very recent change, and I really feel as if an appology is in
> order, because Mrs. Councilwoman - you crossed the the line
>
> Is it you peronal belief I shoul have. * *No further associatio with
> Kubuntu/kde. *Pleases answer and *be honest

You obviously did not read what I wrote and did not take the time to
formulate a rational response. It is unprofessional, disrespectful,
and makes it extremely difficult to take anything you say seriously.
You request an open forum to discuss your relationship and status with
the Kubuntu project -- yet continue to insult the membership you wish
to appeal.

You have indicated a need for some time away from Kubuntu in order to
get your life back in order. Once you feel like you are able and
willing to continue your relationship with the Kubuntu community, you
may request to re-establish that connection to the Kubuntu community
by reapplying for membership. Kubuntu membership status is reserved
for trusted contributors to the Kubuntu project and is a privilege; it
is not a requirement for contribution. Your lack of membership status
does not preclude you from pursuing personal involvement in any open
source project, including Kubuntu or KDE. As previously noted by
Jonathan, you may continue community activities and may reapply for
membership in the future.

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Celeste Lyn Paul
>> KDE Usability Project
>> KDE e.V. Board of Directors
>> www.kde.org
>>
>> --

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors
www.kde.org

Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Steve Stalcup

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste@kde.org> wrote:

>> I feel by scrutinizing facebook/Twitter posts cross the line. *I accept full
>> resposability for what I posted on the planet. I will not accept
>> facebook/Twitter- those are opt in services and are in no way connected to
>> this project. *After our little scuffle, Tony and I made up - believe it or
>> not my Mom-in-law is a multigenerarional Canadian- and her family has been
>> there since it was settled
>> Like I said in mij iirc post- at the end of the day, we are poeple helping
>> people. *I resigned because of the roumers about my posts - no one contacted
>> me directly to say "whao Steve, bit harsh there eh? *I would have loved to
>> get a ping like that
>> As for the reason of my frustration, it's freenode and christel. *I was
>> angry during or pm, so was she, I took a cheap shot at me, I took one back-
>> and by freenode standard she was wrong to do so,
>> For weeks I tried to communicate to her to no avail, hence the email - which
>> I shoul not have posted
>
> the thing about open source communities is that they are not
> restricted or separated by technology -- they are essentially
> borderless. i will not disregard objectionable behavior which can
> affect the health of the kubuntu community or its members on a
> highly-visible and highly-used medium like facebook or twitter.
> kubuntu is a community project and is not limited to the monetary
> boundaries of what canonical chooses to officially support.

Where in any charter either Ubuntu CC, or Kubuntu CC does it state
what "oppinions" I may state?
They were opinions, and nothing more. Some over the top, yes, but
most were satire. Mrs. Councilwoman, would you please provide
documentation pertaining to Ubuntu on Twiitter/Facebook/ or identica?

> this doesn't mean you can't object against technical decisions as long as
> it is done in a constructive and useful way (rants and other types of
> bashing do not usually count as constructive by most people). there is
> also no excuse for inappropriate attacks against persons in the
> community on *any* medium. if you feel that you cannot restrain
> yourself from such personal attacks then perhaps reapplying for
> membership is not for you.

You are obviously a smart person, I am not, I'm just a thinker. I
think that there will be no mention of twitter of identica or facebook
anywere in any document (check timestamp now)

This brings up another issue. If the council, or members of the
council were so concerned with the type of posts I was makeing, why
didn't I hear anything about it until I get kicked off?

Ususally, in the REAL world - People are given verbal, writen, final
writen, then termination.

Thanks for skipping to the end with me WITH ZERO FEEDBACK FROM THE
KUBUNTU COUNCIL OR COMMUNITY, I would have happily changed my style.
But that's water under the bridge now,

The Kubuntu Council has proven is uselessness when it comes to
conterversy - no trying to save the sole - just get rid of them. I
had somethere over 500 uploads with kubuntu - i'm sure you'll find
someone to replace me