FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Steve Stalcup
 
Default I would like the councils to vote on my membership

I feel I have done far more than the average contributor:

1) I started a loco team in Ohio, Which quickly grew and gained
"official status"
2) Co-founded the US Teams project with christer and aaron - this
project was wildly successful
3) Joined Ubuntufourms staff, and was a very diligent staffer. At one
point I was given admin autority to take care of loco-related issues
4) Started training to be a Motu
5) Became a motu - non affiliated
6) Joined the Kubuntu Team
7) Became an active sponsor
8) Failed to achieve core dev, but was able to regain my MOTU staus
and sponsoring status.
9) Became a member of the MOTU-Release team *which I wasn't able to do
much with due to my move*

Those are just to name a few. things i've done over the past several years.

I hope those I CC'd would please speak up and add your oppinion for or
agains me staying in the community.

I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,
I breiefly explained to a few of you that my pyscologyst is adjusting
my bi-polar meds, which can be tricky. When these time happen, I will
be able to steer cleer of the computer.

I was recently diagnosed with bi-polar type 1 - which if you google
would help to explain (not excuse) some of my past and recent
behavior.

Thanks so much for your consideration.
Steve Stalcup
Vorian

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Jonathan Riddell
 
Default I would like the councils to vote on my membership

> I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
> communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,

Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. I think you should start
contributing again when you feel ready with packaging or merging or
whatever interests and we can vote on membership as we would with any
new member after a couple of months.

Jonathan

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Steve Stalcup
 
Default I would like the councils to vote on my membership

Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
wrote:

>
>> I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
>> communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,
>
> Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. I think you should start
> contributing again when you feel ready with packaging or merging or
> whatever interests and we can vote on membership as we would with any
> new member after a couple of months.
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> kubuntu-devel mailing list
> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Celeste Lyn Paul
 
Default I would like the councils to vote on my membership

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?

I would say all of the above. It wasn't a single event that was the
problem, but a pattern of behavior which became cause of concern for
the health and happiness for other members of the community.

+1 on Jonathan's proposal. When you feel like you are ready, you are
free to come back and contribute to Kubuntu, after which we will
discuss your membership as like with any other new member.

~ Celeste


>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 2, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>>> I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
>>> communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,
>>
>> Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. *I think you should start
>> contributing again when you feel ready with packaging or merging or
>> whatever interests and we can vote on membership as we would with any
>> new member after a couple of months.
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --
>> kubuntu-devel mailing list
>> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
>
> --
> kubuntu-devel mailing list
> kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
>



--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project
KDE e.V. Board of Directors
www.kde.org

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org