-   -   I would like the councils to vote on my membership (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/302167-i-would-like-councils-vote-my-membership.html)

Steve Stalcup 12-30-2009 01:18 AM

I would like the councils to vote on my membership

I feel I have done far more than the average contributor:

1) I started a loco team in Ohio, Which quickly grew and gained
"official status"
2) Co-founded the US Teams project with christer and aaron - this
project was wildly successful
3) Joined Ubuntufourms staff, and was a very diligent staffer. At one
point I was given admin autority to take care of loco-related issues
4) Started training to be a Motu
5) Became a motu - non affiliated
6) Joined the Kubuntu Team
7) Became an active sponsor
8) Failed to achieve core dev, but was able to regain my MOTU staus
and sponsoring status.
9) Became a member of the MOTU-Release team *which I wasn't able to do
much with due to my move*

Those are just to name a few. things i've done over the past several years.

I hope those I CC'd would please speak up and add your oppinion for or
agains me staying in the community.

I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,
I breiefly explained to a few of you that my pyscologyst is adjusting
my bi-polar meds, which can be tricky. When these time happen, I will
be able to steer cleer of the computer.

I was recently diagnosed with bi-polar type 1 - which if you google
would help to explain (not excuse) some of my past and recent
behavior.

Thanks so much for your consideration.
Steve Stalcup
Vorian

Jonathan Riddell 01-02-2010 06:02 PM

I would like the councils to vote on my membership

> I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
> communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,

Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. I think you should start
contributing again when you feel ready with packaging or merging or
whatever interests and we can vote on membership as we would with any
new member after a couple of months.

Jonathan

Steve Stalcup 01-02-2010 07:48 PM

I would like the councils to vote on my membership

Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?

Sent from my iPhone

Celeste Lyn Paul 01-02-2010 08:17 PM

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Steve Stalcup <stalcups@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this in response to just the blog post, or possibly facebook too?

I would say all of the above. It wasn't a single event that was the
problem, but a pattern of behavior which became cause of concern for
the health and happiness for other members of the community.

+1 on Jonathan's proposal. When you feel like you are ready, you are
free to come back and contribute to Kubuntu, after which we will
discuss your membership as like with any other new member.

~ Celeste

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 2, 2010, at 12:02 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jriddell@ubuntu.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> I am asking that since i've spent a fair amount of time in both
>>> communities, that I may get a fair vote based on my past performance,
>>
>> Sorry to hear of your medical troubles. *I think you should start
>> contributing again when you feel ready with packaging or merging or
>> whatever interests and we can vote on membership as we would with any
>> new member after a couple of months.
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> --

Celeste Lyn Paul