Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Steve Stalcup

Default It's finished just as you asked

https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/95559
https://launchpad.net/~vorian
https://launchpad.net/~steve.stalcup

per:
Hey Steve!

I am writing you because I really think you deserve a chance to get yourself
out without being shut down in all of the FLOSS world.

As you might have heared, your most recent blog post caused quite the bad
reactions. Hence you are on the edge of being expelled from Ubuntu, and we
both know that being officially kicked out of a project of Ubuntu's size
basically nails the end of an era.

I don't want to lie to you, if it came to a vote whether to revoke your
Kubuntu membership, I would not prevent it. I did tolerate a lot of the things
you pulled in the past, even if they went against everything I beleive in. And
I did this because I think that everyone is entitled to their own believes and
because I am quite sure that deep inside you are a wonderful person that is
fun to be around.

Things have changed it seems, and now you appear to be using the name of
Ubuntu, Kubuntu and KDE for your personal vendetta. Something I wouldn't let
anyone do.

So here I am, asking you, kindly, to resign from Kubuntu (and hence Ubuntu)
membership and close down all Launchpad accounts you might have.
If not it will not be too long before the Kubuntu Council will revoke your
membership and then the Community Council will also have no problems expelling
you.
If you resign, you can at least show your friends at Kubuntu the respect to
not force us into making a decision whether to revoke your membership or not.

I very much hope that you understand, that I am asking you to do this because
it is not necessary to end this in tears, and quite frankly I do not want it
to.

In the hope that you make the right call,
Harald

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Harald Sitter

Am Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2009 17:59:06 schrieb Steve Stalcup:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/95559
> https://launchpad.net/~vorian
> https://launchpad.net/~steve.stalcup

Interesting how private communication with you always ends up public these
days...
So let's continue in public if you feel more comfortable that way.

Anyhow, thank you for taking this big step, I am sure it was a difficult one.

But, apparently I was miscommunicating, what I, personally, expected from you.
By "shut down all lp accounts" I did not mean getting them deleted (which is
also quite difficult on a technical level), but rather deactivating them or at
least resolving all ties to Ubuntu.
So, since you implemented the latter, I think you can close the answer ticket.
That is if you want to keep your account around.

Thank you very much and all the best,
Harald

Old 12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Steve Stalcup

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 29, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2009 17:59:06 schrieb Steve Stalcup:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/95559
>> https://launchpad.net/~vorian
>> https://launchpad.net/~steve.stalcup
>
> Interesting how private communication with you always ends up public
> these
> days...
> So let's continue in public if you feel more comfortable that way.

So why the need for an attack. You made it sound as if the whole of
kubuntu wanted me gone.

I know from other discussions that y'all were contemplating this anyway
Due to my lack of activity. Fwiw, hauling a family of 7
Cross country (5000k) so
We could live in my wife parents basement, easy - you'd be sadly
mistaken, not much in the way of free time, and I'm sorry for that.
Then training, living in hotels for 2.5 months wasn't the ideal
situation for contributions either. Then I get my new store, a month.
5 before christmas? Not very conducive to contribuitions. Now that
Christmas is over, I'll have much more free time

Anyway, THANK YOU for NOT taking any of this into consideration.

> Anyhow, thank you for taking this big step, I am sure it was a
> difficult one.
>
> But, apparently I was miscommunicating, what I, personally, expected
> from you.
> By "shut down all lp accounts" I did not mean getting them deleted
> (which is
> also quite difficult on a technical level), but rather deactivating
> them or at
> least resolving all ties to Ubuntu.
> So, since you implemented the latter, I think you can close the
> answer ticket.
> That is if you want to keep your account around.
>
> Thank you very much and all the best,
> Harald

I find your best wishes shallow and hurtful. I thought I knew you
better