Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Yiannis Belias

Default Hardy testing

Hello all!
First of all I wish a happy new year to everyone, and I hope 2008 will be a very
exciting time to use and develop Kubuntu!
I read the intro pages on joining the Kubuntu Testers team and decided to start
testing Hardy. I have to say that I didn't expect it to be that stable, so I will
try to put it to daily use.
I wrote a few things about that, plus a small guide on how to boot the iso image
without burning it on cd, by using the gujin boot manager. You can find those here:
http://orion.freehost.gr/hardy and here: http://orion.freehost.gr/hardy/hardy_hd_cd.html

I don't know if there is a (kubuntu specific) place to put these documents, any suggestions
or comments are very welcome.

May the source be with you,
Yiannis
--
Yiannis Belias <orion@linux.gr> `
Homepage [http://users.hol.gr/~jonnyb/video] ' .

Old 01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Eugene Tretyak

On Sunday 06 January 2008 00:00:17 Yiannis Belias wrote:

[skipped]

> I wrote a few things about that, plus a small guide on how to boot the
> iso image without burning it on cd, by using the gujin boot manager. You
> can find those here: http://orion.freehost.gr/hardy and here:
> http://orion.freehost.gr/hardy/hardy_hd_cd.html

I've solved Touchpad issues with downgrade to older kernel version 2.6.22-14.
By default Hardy Alpha 2 shipped with buggy linux kernel 2.6.24pre.

--iRon

Old 01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Yiannis Belias

O/H Eugene Tretyak *γραψε:
> I've solved Touchpad issues with downgrade to older kernel version 2.6.22-14.
> By default Hardy Alpha 2 shipped with buggy linux kernel 2.6.24pre.
>
> --iRon

Hi,
The xorg.conf file generated by the install is too minimal.
After replacing Section "InputDevice", adding one more for synaptics & a Section "ServerLayout",
all taken from feisty, vertical scrolling now works.
Maybe the x server upgrade yesterday helped, too.
Yiannis