Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Richard JOHNSON

Default Welcome Documentation Proposal

In the past, we used the 'About Kubuntu' document as our 'welcome to
Kubuntu' message on the Desktop CD. The document was a fairly generic about
document in which end users could get very little information about
Kubuntu. Today, I don't think this document will suffice, and because of
this, I would like to create the following:

* Welcome to the Kubuntu Desktop Edition
* Welcome to the Kubuntu Netbook Remix

I think they are fairly obvious in what they will cover. In the document, I
would like to briefly introduce the end user to the version they are using,
and a quick run down of the various things such as getting support,
contributing, applications, and then some. The document wouldn't be large
at all. What I would like to do with that document then, is have an
icon/link on the desktop for the Desktop CD, as well as on the desktop
after installation.

What do you think? I would like a -1/+0/+1 from those on the Kubuntu
Council please. Thanks!

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer
WWW| http://www.ubuntu.com
Email| nixternal@ubuntu.com
GnuPG| 3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96 7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Old 12-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Jonathan Thomas

On Thursday 17 December 2009 05:02:38 pm Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> In the past, we used the 'About Kubuntu' document as our
'welcome to
> Kubuntu' message on the Desktop CD. The document was a fairly
generic about
> document in which end users could get very little information
about
> Kubuntu. Today, I don't think this document will suffice, and
because of
> this, I would like to create the following:
>
> * Welcome to the Kubuntu Desktop Edition
> * Welcome to the Kubuntu Netbook Remix
>
> I think they are fairly obvious in what they will cover. In
the document, I
> would like to briefly introduce the end user to the version
they are using,
> and a quick run down of the various things such as getting
support,
> contributing, applications, and then some. The document
wouldn't be large
> at all. What I would like to do with that document then, is
have an
> icon/link on the desktop for the Desktop CD, as well as on the
desktop
> after installation.
>
> What do you think? I would like a -1/+0/+1 from those on the
Kubuntu
> Council please. Thanks!
Sounds quite reasonable. +1

Old 12-19-2009, 02:01 AM
Jonathan Jesse

+1, *making it a +2 longsword , now someone add vorpal

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Jonathan Thomas <echidnaman@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday 17 December 2009 05:02:38 pm Richard JOHNSON wrote:

> In the past, we used the 'About Kubuntu' document as our

'welcome to

> Kubuntu' message on the Desktop CD. The document was a fairly

generic about

> document in which end users could get very little information

about

> Kubuntu. Today, I don't think this document will suffice, and

because of

> this, I would like to create the following:

> ** Welcome to the Kubuntu Desktop Edition

> ** Welcome to the Kubuntu Netbook Remix

> I think they are fairly obvious in what they will cover. In

the document, I

> would like to briefly introduce the end user to the version

they are using,

> and a quick run down of the various things such as getting

support,

> contributing, applications, and then some. The document

wouldn't be large

> at all. What I would like to do with that document then, is

have an

> icon/link on the desktop for the Desktop CD, as well as on the

desktop

> after installation.

> What do you think? I would like a -1/+0/+1 from those on the

Kubuntu

> Council please. Thanks!

Sounds quite reasonable. +1

Old 12-19-2009, 04:07 AM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On December 17, 2009 06:32:38 pm Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> In the past, we used the 'About Kubuntu' document as our 'welcome to
> Kubuntu' message on the Desktop CD. The document was a fairly generic about
> document in which end users could get very little information about
> Kubuntu. Today, I don't think this document will suffice, and because of
> this, I would like to create the following:
>
> * Welcome to the Kubuntu Desktop Edition
> * Welcome to the Kubuntu Netbook Remix
>
> I think they are fairly obvious in what they will cover. In the document, I
> would like to briefly introduce the end user to the version they are using,
> and a quick run down of the various things such as getting support,
> contributing, applications, and then some. The document wouldn't be large
> at all. What I would like to do with that document then, is have an
> icon/link on the desktop for the Desktop CD, as well as on the desktop
> after installation.
>
> What do you think? I would like a -1/+0/+1 from those on the Kubuntu
> Council please. Thanks!

+1 here as well. Seems sorely needed

Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada