Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Kristóf Kiszel

Default Wish for Lucid: new package

Hello devs!

This is my first letter on this list. If I wrote this to the wrong
place, sorry, I don't know what is the correct method for this. I want
to say, that the STasks plasmoid[1], which can be found in Karmic[2]
should be replaced with Smooth Tasks[3]. STasks seems to be abandoned,
and Smooth Tasks is more up-to-date, the latest update was on 6th
December.

Kristof Kiszel (Ulysses)

[1] http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/STasks?content=99739
[2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/plasma-widget-stasks
[3] http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Smooth+Tasks?content=101586

Old 12-17-2009, 03:29 AM
Jeremy Wilkins

In a further discussion about the matter. I find this task bar superior
both in quality and functionality to the classic one and I would like to
nominate it as the default task bar for Kubuntu 10.04 once the KDE 4.4 bugs
are cleared up (which is planned for January). Not the one currently in the
jaunty repository, but the forked Smooth Tasks which is linked below. It
seems to have a good release and update schedule which the original author
does not. I find the classic task bar quite clumsy and buggy to work with in
every version. It either randomly disappears and needs to be readded or
duplicated task entries and improperly groups tasks. This one is a breath of
fresh air.. (Pun intended)
> This is my first letter on this list. If I wrote this to the wrong
> place, sorry, I don't know what is the correct method for this. I want
> to say, that the STasks plasmoid[1], which can be found in Karmic[2]
> should be replaced with Smooth Tasks[3]. STasks seems to be abandoned,
> and Smooth Tasks is more up-to-date, the latest update was on 6th
> December.
>
> Kristof Kiszel (Ulysses)
>
> [1] http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/STasks?content=99739
> [2] http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/plasma-widget-stasks