Old 12-16-2009, 05:02 PM
chuck adams

Default lucid-netbook-i386.iso

I downloaded the alpha version of kubuntu netbook
remix. When attempting to create a USB bootable
media using USB creator under ubuntu 9.04, I get
an error message that the ISO is not a desktop
version, thus unable to create the USB device.

How does one go about creating the USB bootable
from the ISO or create a .img version to write
to the USB memory device?

Wanting to help as much as possible. The .iso
is greater than 860K bytes, thus won't fit on
a CD, but that is not the issue at this time.

Thanks in advance,

chuck

Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
"Darkwing Duck"

If the built in USB Creator is not working for the .iso try to install UNetBootin ( apt-get install unetbootin ) and see if that will work for you.

Cheers

DW

Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Kwan Chan

you can use dd to write it into your usb drive
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Beginners'_Guide *(the usb stick section)

Old 12-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Tres Finocchiaro

Pendrivelinux has done well for me too.*

- Tres.Finocchiaro@gmail.com

Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

> I downloaded the alpha version of kubuntu netbook
> remix. When attempting to create a USB bootable
> media using USB creator under ubuntu 9.04, I get
> an error message that the ISO is not a desktop
> version, thus unable to create the USB device.
>
> How does one go about creating the USB bootable
> from the ISO or create a .img version to write
> to the USB memory device?
>
> Wanting to help as much as possible. The .iso
> is greater than 860K bytes, thus won't fit on
> a CD, but that is not the issue at this time.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> chuck

usb-creator-kde under 9.10 will work. Unsure about the gtk version from 9.04.
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada
E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@gmail.com
LP: launchpad.net/~roderick-greening