Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 AM
Roustam Ghizdatov

Default non-English Kubuntu on-line documentation

hello,

according to https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ImproveWebsiteStructure,*https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ should not contain documentation and https://help.ubuntu.com/ should be used instead. however, the latter is English-oriented, so all on-line documentation in other languages should be kept somewhere else. http://www.ubuntu.com/support/local provides information on non-English support available. none of the sources listed there, is bearing Kubuntu in the name.

i would like to ask Kubuntu developers to come up with a universal rule for location of non-English Kubuntu on-line documentation. i do not apply to the Documentation Team with this question, as i
believe their first priority will always be Ubuntu but not Kubuntu, so their decision can interfere with the Kubuntu community.

i recently started to build up Russian wiki on https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ about Kubuntu (see https://wiki.kubuntu.org/RussianDocumentation/Kubuntu). now i am busy with translating Kubuntu User's Guide from http://kubuntuguide.org/Karmic, since i could not find any Kubuntu Karmic Koala guide on sites supported by Canonical. if it exists, please give me a link. so, currently the translation resides at https://wiki.kubuntu.org/RussianDocumentation/KubuntuGuide/Karmic. i would love to move it onto http://kubuntu.ru/ but they do not have wiki. http://help.ubuntu.ru/ is Ubuntu-oriented. what shall i do?

off-topic:
my inspiration was the announcement of the Project Timelord. i thought i could help Kubuntu to push the limits. my respect to all former, present and future Kubuntu developers. just don't stop.