Old 11-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default Kubuntu Developer application for Jonathan Thomas (JontheEchidna)

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:57:24 -0330 "Roderick B. Greening"
<roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
trimming since it's getting quite long...

>I assume that the reason you are getting complaints is that none of this
is
>being documented or presented, and seems rather behind the scenes.

Well the primary complainers have either revied the process or been given
the URL to read, so I think that's not it.

>I am personally dismayed by this.

Yeah, I'm not enjoying this either.

>Perhaps we can have the existing kubuntu-dev team fix this by publicly
>providing documentation and details on this process.

It was all public before, but not clearly. I sent another mail to
kubuntu-devel to explain it.

>Please do not see this as a personal affront or attack, it is simply the
>existing Kubuntu Members, Kubuntu Council and other interested parties
>attempting to understand where they all fit in.

Well everything that I've referenced was publically discussed and approved.
I'm not paid to read ubuntu-devel-announce and summarize it for you on
kubuntu-devel. It may not have been communicated in the clearest manner
possible, but I don't think that excuses people jumping all over me for
doing the work of getting it started.

Scott K