Old 11-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default Kubuntu Developer Application Process

As mentioned (although not very clearly) in
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2009-November/003569.html
there is now a separate team that can upload Kubuntu packages called kubuntu-
dev.

The process for applying is described in
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDevelopers (this is an approved
delegation from the Ubuntu Technical Board to kubuntu-dev - See
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-
November/000642.html for details).

Scott K

Old 11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On November 28, 2009 06:06:49 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> As mentioned (although not very clearly) in
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2009-November/003569.html
> there is now a separate team that can upload Kubuntu packages called
> kubuntu- dev.
>
> The process for applying is described in
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDevelopers (this is an approved
> delegation from the Ubuntu Technical Board to kubuntu-dev - See
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-
> November/000642.html for details).
>
> Scott K

Excellent, I believe this information has not been widely or publicly made
available, and has definitely let to some misunderstandings and confusion.

Thanks for letting us all know about the new processes. I see on this document
that the nbew developer request process is as you have done, pick a time and
schedule. This is not how things were traditionally done with Kubuntu Members,
which is why it seemed out of place.

Now that this info has made it's way to the public devel list, we all can
review and move on.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Rod.
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada
E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@gmail.com
LP: http://launchpad.net/~roderick-greening
Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/rgreening
Blog: http://roderick-greening.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rgreening
Identica: http://identi.ca/rgreening

Old 11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Steve Stalcup

On Saturday, November 28, 2009, Roderick B. Greening
<roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
> On November 28, 2009 06:06:49 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> As mentioned (although not very clearly) in
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2009-November/003569.html
>> there is now a separate team that can upload Kubuntu packages called
>> *kubuntu- dev.
>>
>> The process for applying is described in
>> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDevelopers (this is an approved
>> delegation from the Ubuntu Technical Board to kubuntu-dev - See
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-
>> November/000642.html for details).
>>
>> Scott K

*snip*

> Now that this info has made it's way to the public devel list, we all can
> review and move on.
>
> Enjoy the rest of your day
>
> Rod.
> _____________________________

Most all of this has been publicly developed and has been a *very*
open and transparent transition for many months now.

I'm frankly surprised anyone within the development counity sees the
archive reorginization as a sudden change done veiled in darkness.

(I've been basically cut off for several months now and was aware of
this change)

Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

> Most all of this has been publicly developed and has been a *very*
> open and transparent transition for many months now.
>
> I'm frankly surprised anyone within the development counity sees the
> archive reorginization as a sudden change done veiled in darkness.
>
> (I've been basically cut off for several months now and was aware of
> this change)

This wasn't about the "generic" archive re-org, which was in process since
last UDS ...

Anyway, we have the issue resolved (at least to my satisfaction).

/me has to go and write my app I guess...