Old 11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Jonathan Thomas

Default Kubuntu Developer application for Jonathan Thomas (JontheEchidna)

Dear Kubuntu,

I am applying to become a Kubuntu Developer. My application can be found here:
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanThomas/KubuntuDevApplication

I'll have to see if I can get Harald to leave feedback on my app before the
meeting. ;-) Otherwise I feel the application has shaped up nicely.

I look forward to serving Kubuntu both now and in the future. Thanks to all my
sponsors, mentors and friends. :-)

Thanks,
Jonathan Thomas

Old 11-28-2009, 04:51 AM
"Scott Kitterman"

> Dear Kubuntu,
>
> I am applying to become a Kubuntu Developer. My application can be found
> here:
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanThomas/KubuntuDevApplication
>
> I'll have to see if I can get Harald to leave feedback on my app before
> the
> meeting. ;-) Otherwise I feel the application has shaped up nicely.
>
> I look forward to serving Kubuntu both now and in the future. Thanks to
> all my
> sponsors, mentors and friends. :-)

Based on the results of the doodle poll:

http://doodle.com/e6av8g8d68sqfv9t

It looks like Monday at 2000 UTC is the best time. Unless someone
objects, we'll see you then.

Scott K

Old 11-28-2009, 04:56 AM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On November 28, 2009 02:21:15 am Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > Dear Kubuntu,
> >
> > I am applying to become a Kubuntu Developer. My application can be found
> > here:
> > https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanThomas/KubuntuDevApplication
> >
> > I'll have to see if I can get Harald to leave feedback on my app before
> > the
> > meeting. ;-) Otherwise I feel the application has shaped up nicely.
> >
> > I look forward to serving Kubuntu both now and in the future. Thanks to
> > all my
> > sponsors, mentors and friends. :-)
>
> Based on the results of the doodle poll:
>
> http://doodle.com/e6av8g8d68sqfv9t
>
> It looks like Monday at 2000 UTC is the best time. Unless someone
> objects, we'll see you then.
>
> Scott K

When was the poll notification sent out? First I heard of it.

Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada
E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@gmail.com
LP: http://launchpad.net/~roderick-greening
Wiki: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/rgreening
Blog: http://roderick-greening.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rgreening
Identica: http://identi.ca/rgreening

Old 11-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Harald Sitter

Am Samstag 28 November 2009 06:56:29 am schrieb Roderick B. Greening:
> When was the poll notification sent out? First I heard of it.

It wasn't, or maybe was via IRC, I wouldnt have seen it if Scott didn't
highlight me stating that I didnt vote.

This is exactly why I think that we need to rework our ways of communication,
stuff gets lost way too easily on IRC

--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer

Old 11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On November 28, 2009 12:13:53 pm Harald Sitter wrote:
> Am Samstag 28 November 2009 06:56:29 am schrieb Roderick B. Greening:
> > When was the poll notification sent out? First I heard of it.
>
> It wasn't, or maybe was via IRC, I wouldnt have seen it if Scott didn't
> highlight me stating that I didnt vote.
>
> This is exactly why I think that we need to rework our ways of
> communication, stuff gets lost way too easily on IRC

Its easy, meeting requests should be sent to the kubuntu-devel list in
addition to anywhere else it's posted. That was the original process I was
aware of and following.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 02:26:29 -0330 "Roderick B. Greening"
<roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
>On November 28, 2009 02:21:15 am Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> > Dear Kubuntu,
>> >
>> > I am applying to become a Kubuntu Developer. My application can be
found
>> > here:
>> > https://wiki.kubuntu.org/JonathanThomas/KubuntuDevApplication
>> >
>> > I'll have to see if I can get Harald to leave feedback on my app before
>> > the
>> > meeting. ;-) Otherwise I feel the application has shaped up nicely.
>> >
>> > I look forward to serving Kubuntu both now and in the future. Thanks to
>> > all my
>> > sponsors, mentors and friends. :-)
>>
>> Based on the results of the doodle poll:
>>
>> http://doodle.com/e6av8g8d68sqfv9t
>>
>> It looks like Monday at 2000 UTC is the best time. Unless someone
>> objects, we'll see you then.
>>
>> Scott K
>>

>When was the poll notification sent out? First I heard of it.

It was coordinated among the current kubuntu-dev via IRC.

Scott K

Old 11-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Scott Kitterman

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:20:44 -0330 "Roderick B. Greening"
<roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
>On November 28, 2009 12:13:53 pm Harald Sitter wrote:
>> Am Samstag 28 November 2009 06:56:29 am schrieb Roderick B. Greening:
>> > When was the poll notification sent out? First I heard of it.
>>
>> It wasn't, or maybe was via IRC, I wouldnt have seen it if Scott didn't
>> highlight me stating that I didnt vote.
>>
>> This is exactly why I think that we need to rework our ways of
>> communication, stuff gets lost way too easily on IRC
>>
>Its easy, meeting requests should be sent to the kubuntu-devel list in
>addition to anywhere else it's posted. That was the original process I was
>aware of and following.

I apologize for not following the process. In the future, I'll avoid this
problem happening again by not working to make sure meetings are scheduled
when all the people who need to be there are available.

Scott K

Old 11-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Mackenzie Morgan

On Saturday 28 November 2009 3:30:56 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I apologize for not following the process. In the future, I'll avoid this
> problem happening again by not working to make sure meetings are scheduled
> when all the people who need to be there are available.

Why not just send the Doodle poll to the list next time?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo

Old 11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On November 28, 2009 05:00:56 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:20:44 -0330 "Roderick B. Greening"
>
> <roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It wasn't, or maybe was via IRC, I wouldnt have seen it if Scott didn't
> >> highlight me stating that I didnt vote.
> >>
> >> This is exactly why I think that we need to rework our ways of
> >> communication, stuff gets lost way too easily on IRC
> >
> >Its easy, meeting requests should be sent to the kubuntu-devel list in
> >addition to anywhere else it's posted. That was the original process I was
> >aware of and following.
>
> I apologize for not following the process. In the future, I'll avoid this
> problem happening again by not working to make sure meetings are scheduled
> when all the people who need to be there are available.
>
> Scott K

Somebody forgot their happy juice today

Old 11-28-2009, 07:41 PM
"Roderick B. Greening"

On November 28, 2009 05:00:56 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:20:44 -0330 "Roderick B. Greening"
>
> <roderick.greening@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> It wasn't, or maybe was via IRC, I wouldnt have seen it if Scott didn't
> >> highlight me stating that I didnt vote.
> >>
> >> This is exactly why I think that we need to rework our ways of
> >> communication, stuff gets lost way too easily on IRC
> >
> >Its easy, meeting requests should be sent to the kubuntu-devel list in
> >addition to anywhere else it's posted. That was the original process I was
> >aware of and following.
>
> I apologize for not following the process. In the future, I'll avoid this
> problem happening again by not working to make sure meetings are scheduled
> when all the people who need to be there are available.
>
> Scott K

So, is the Kubuntu Council to vote on this? If so, being a council member, and
not being informed is a small issue