Old 11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Dan Trevino

Default Help with quick parley test

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Harald Sitter <apachelogger@ubuntu.com> wrote:

Dearest reader!

Our very own Quintasan got a fix for Parley stuck in karmic-proposed,

unfortunately he can not test and QA it himself, because sudden illness

enforced bed rest upon this very faithful minion.

Thus I am now asking you, kindly, to help me help Quintasan get this very

important fix into karmic-updates.

If you care to spend a minute or two, please head over to the bug report and

ensure the presented issue is indeed fixed in the package from karmic-proposed.

Launchpad bug 484802 in kdeedu "SRU: Parley fails to initialize Python

scripts" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/484802

It is indeed a mere matter of installing and starting the application, so I do

honestly hope that you, dearest reader, will help us archive our mission of

unimpeachable and everlasting freedom from the oppression caused by bugs.

Yours sincerely,

--

Harald Sitter

Kubuntu Core Developer

http://www.kubuntu.org

Followed steps per comment #7, still had an error:

"The following script could not be activated due to errors in the script:

/usr/share/kde4/apps/parley/plugins/wiktionary_sound.py"

Screenshot and comment added to the bug.

dan---
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Lydia Pintscher

> Followed steps per comment #7, still had an error:
>
> "The following script could not be activated due to errors in the script:
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/parley/plugins/wiktionary_sound.py"
>
> Screenshot and comment added to the bug.

Same here.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager

Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Richard JOHNSON

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:11:02PM +0100, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> > Followed steps per comment #7, still had an error:
> >
> > "The following script could not be activated due to errors in the script:
> > /usr/share/kde4/apps/parley/plugins/wiktionary_sound.py"
> >
> > Screenshot and comment added to the bug.
>
> Same here.

Worked for me! Just kidding, same exact deal

--
Name| Richard JOHNSON
Title| Developer
WWW| http://www.ubuntu.com
Email| nixternal@ubuntu.com
GnuPG| 3578 0981 A21D D662 2A96 7623 F4C1 838C D8C4 4738

Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Jonathan Thomas

On Monday 23 November 2009 07:59:40 pm Richard JOHNSON wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 08:11:02PM +0100, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> > > Followed steps per comment #7, still had an error:
> > >
> > > "The following script could not be activated due to errors in the
> > > script: /usr/share/kde4/apps/parley/plugins/wiktionary_sound.py"
> > >
> > > Screenshot and comment added to the bug.
> >
> > Same here.
>
> Worked for me! Just kidding, same exact deal

I believe that this is a separate issue with the Wiktionary script. The
original bug report has all scripts failing due to the lack of the Kross
python plugin. Now that it's installed, only the wiktionary script fails.