Old 11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Wim van Bakel

Default Timelord

Hello,

I read about your project Timelord and I'm interested in helping. To give you
an idea in what way I might be useful, I give a short description.
I use linux at home since SusE 7.3. I regularly exchanges SuSE with Red Hat
and later Fedora. When a have bought my lap-top I settled on Kubuntu, 5.4 at
that time. Sometimes I used to use Ubuntu but I prefer KDE.
So, I'm a user and not a developer. But I'm not afraid of trying and
experimenting. My knowledge of English (and technical English) is pretty good.
My native tongue is Dutch.

So, I hope I can help one way or the other by 'achieving world dominance for
Kubuntu' ;-) e.g. with translating.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Wim van Bakel

Old 12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Jonathan Riddell

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 07:28:23PM +0100, Wim van Bakel wrote:
> So, I hope I can help one way or the other by 'achieving world dominance for
> Kubuntu' ;-) e.g. with translating.

Actual translating is mostly done upstream as part of KDE
http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=nl

There are also some Kubuntu specific programmes that will need
translating
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+lang/nl

For Kubuntu we mostly need people running the alphas and beta to make
sure that everything is translated, and who can work out what the
issue is when anything isn't. We're not at the stage in the cycle
where it makes sense to do that yet but in a couple of months we'll
need plenty of that.

Jonathan