Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Thomas Olsen

Default Kubuntu development

On 4/11-2009 18:34 Ike Sumera <ike.sumera@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to start developing for/in Kubuntu. I'm just wondering if there
> is a page/wiki that will point out how to setup my environment, scripts if
> any that would set it up/pull out the required tools, etc. I'm interested
> in c/c++, QT and python.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started is a good place to start.

Some Qt tutorials: http://thelins.se/learnqt/tutorial/

And the official Qt docs: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/index.html

None of these are Kubuntu specific though but that shouldn't matter.

To get the necessary tools run this in a terminal:

sudo aptitude install build-essential kdevelop-kde4 kde-devel kdevelop-data-
kde4 python-kde4 python-qt4

This is for Jaunty and I've probably forgotten some.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen

Old 11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Ike Sumera

Thank you Thomas for responding.* I was looking for something like a Kubuntu handbook.* Coming from a big corp setting, I was thinking of some standards so I will be on the same page as everyone.* Maybe I'm reading too much into that 'timelord' thing.* Anyway, will try to get set here.* Cheers.

*Thomas Olsen

Old 11-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Mandla Mbuli

I would like something like that. A book guiding me on what I need if i wanna be a developer or wanna help out. It could be like if you know C++ then and you are interested in GUI then you should learn Qt(which is what I am doing). If you have no experience but would still like to be a devloper you should start by learning one of these languages... if you have experience then this is how you can help.

I went to the KDE techbase site and saw word like SVN and I am not sure what it is but it sounds like I can't help with developing so I decided to learn Qt and see how that goes.