-   -   First Post (http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-development/271766-first-post.html)

Tom Inglis 10-30-2009 10:52 AM

First Post

Dear All,

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 (I was previously on 8.04) and it's fantastic!

I'd really like to help out with 10.04! I don't currently know much code,
but would be really keen to test and write any documentation.

Best wishes,

Tom

Michal Zajac 10-30-2009 11:21 AM

First Post

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 (I was previously on 8.04) and it's fantastic!

I'd really like to help out with 10.04! I don't currently know much code,

but would be really keen to test and write any documentation.

Best wishes,

Tom
Hey Tom!
I don't know if you looked at wiki but I'm sure you will find those links helpful:https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todohttps://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/GettingInvolved┬*

I'm pretty sure we will find some tasks for you ;)
Be sure to drop in #kubuntu-devel on Freenode------------------------------------------------------

Micha┼é Zaj─ůc
E-mail: quintasan@kubuntu.org
Blog: http://blog.quintasan.pl
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/quintasan

Jonathan Jesse 10-30-2009 12:51 PM

First Post

I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 (I was previously on 8.04) and it's fantastic!

I'd really like to help out with 10.04! I don't currently know much code,

but would be really keen to test and write any documentation.

Best wishes,

Tom

Tom,

Great to hear you are interetsed in helping out.* Richard Johnson (nixternal) and I maintain the Kubuntu Documentation and would love to help more help.* A great way to start would be going through the current 9.10 documentation and file bugs on launchpad against the kubuntu-docs package.* Then once we get started revising documentation for Lucid we will let you know and you can jump right in.

Welcome aboard

Jonathan Riddell 10-31-2009 01:42 PM

First Post

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 11:52:05AM +0000, Tom Inglis wrote:
> I just installed Kubuntu 9.10 (I was previously on 8.04) and it's fantastic!
>
> I'd really like to help out with 10.04! I don't currently know much code,
> but would be really keen to test and write any documentation.

There's the formal docs that nixternal and jjesse look after, there's
also a load of wiki pages that need updating, tidying up or porting to
Kubuntu from Ubuntu Desktop. Join us in #kubuntu-devel to say hi

Jonathan

Santiago Roland 05-19-2012 01:18 AM

First post

Hi people and beloved developers of my unique and glorious operating
system. My name is Santiago Roland. I'm from Uruguay, South America and
I've been an Ubuntu/Xubuntu user since 2006. I also participate in many
Ubuntu LoCo activities in my local group and also do a lot of bug
reporting. I'm not a programmer or developer. I'm just an astronomer
finishing my grade studies and work at the Los Molinos Astronomical
Observatory here in Uruguay in which use Ubuntu as our main image
processing platform. I do a little programming maybe in python and
mostly science-oriented languages. I would be glad to here what you are
up to in this mailing list and maybe suggest things for improving XFCE
desktop and Xubuntu distro.

I kind test things with myself and my wife that knows absolutely nothing
about computers and just wants the PC to work and be easy to use. This
perspective is different from maybe a skilled programmer or user. I also
teach basic computer course in a NGO, to old people in the 50-70 age
range and we use Ubuntu Linux for this. So i get a lot of feedback from
very inexperienced users that developers maybe want to hear about.

I just and this mail by congratulate you for the great job you all do.

Best regards,

--
Santiago Roland.-