FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Kubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Jonathan Riddell
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
and the latest KDE applications.

For the full announcement see
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/9.10-release

To download the CD images go to
http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download

Kubuntu Netbook Edition is intended to be installed from a USB drive,
use USB Creator available in Kubuntu 9.10 (and for install in 9.04) to
copy the image to the USB driver.

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Jonathan Riddell
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
and the latest KDE applications.

For the full announcement see
http://www.kubuntu.org/news/9.10-release

To download the CD images go to
http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download

Kubuntu Netbook Edition is intended to be installed from a USB drive,
use USB Creator available in Kubuntu 9.10 (and for install in 9.04) to
copy the image to the USB driver.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Gene Heskett
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

On Thursday 29 October 2009, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
>Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
>Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
>integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
>and the latest KDE applications.
>
>For the full announcement see
> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/9.10-release
>
>To download the CD images go to
> http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download
>
I believe the word is 'slashdotted'

>Kubuntu Netbook Edition is intended to be installed from a USB drive,
>use USB Creator available in Kubuntu 9.10 (and for install in 9.04) to
>copy the image to the USB driver.
>


--
Cheers, Gene
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The NRA is offering FREE Associate memberships to anyone who wants them.
<https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp>

I did it just to piss you off. :-P
-- Branden Robinson in a message to debian-devel

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
chuck adams
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 15:37 +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
> Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
> Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
> integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
> and the latest KDE applications.
>
> For the full announcement see
> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/9.10-release
>
> To download the CD images go to
> http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download
>
> Kubuntu Netbook Edition is intended to be installed from a USB drive,
> use USB Creator available in Kubuntu 9.10 (and for install in 9.04) to
> copy the image to the USB driver.
>

OK, I took the bait. Downloaded Kubuntu 9.10 netbook and using 9.04
USB Startup Disc Creator to a 4GB thumb drive.

Using a lenovo s10 ideapad netbook booted the system live and it
recognized the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless card. But could not
activate from the running live O/S.

Did a complete install.

1. The progress bar during the install process 'flickers' by flashing
on and off.

2. Upon completing the installation and rebooting, the Broadcom
wireless interface is not recognized.

3. If I go to Internet and attempt to start up Firefox, I get the
install widget. I click on install and it says Firefox is already
installed. I bring up a console window and type in firefox and
it displays the 'apt-get install firefox', since it doesn't really
seem to be installed.

Let me know what I'm doing wrong. It's gotta be a simple user
error on my part.

FYI

chuck



--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Scott Kitterman
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:41:52 -0700 chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@gmail.com>
wrote:
>On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 15:37 +0000, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
>> Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
>> Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
>> integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
>> and the latest KDE applications.
>>
>> For the full announcement see
>> http://www.kubuntu.org/news/9.10-release
>>
>> To download the CD images go to
>> http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download
>>
>> Kubuntu Netbook Edition is intended to be installed from a USB drive,
>> use USB Creator available in Kubuntu 9.10 (and for install in 9.04) to
>> copy the image to the USB driver.
>>
>
>OK, I took the bait. Downloaded Kubuntu 9.10 netbook and using 9.04
>USB Startup Disc Creator to a 4GB thumb drive.
>
>Using a lenovo s10 ideapad netbook booted the system live and it
>recognized the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless card. But could not
>activate from the running live O/S.
>
>Did a complete install.
>
>1. The progress bar during the install process 'flickers' by flashing
>on and off.
>
>2. Upon completing the installation and rebooting, the Broadcom
>wireless interface is not recognized.
>
>3. If I go to Internet and attempt to start up Firefox, I get the
>install widget. I click on install and it says Firefox is already
>installed. I bring up a console window and type in firefox and
>it displays the 'apt-get install firefox', since it doesn't really
>seem to be installed.
>
>Let me know what I'm doing wrong. It's gotta be a simple user
>error on my part.

Plug into a wired network and check for updates using kpackagekit or
apt-get update. Then you'll have a local package cache and it should work.
See the Known Issues section of release notes about Jockey.

Scott K

--
kubuntu-devel mailing list
kubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-devel
 
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Jerry Lapham
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

On Thursday 29 October 2009 11:37:43 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. *For the first time this includes
> Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
> Netbook desktop. *Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
> integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
> and the latest KDE applications.

Just downloaded the i386 desktop version and burned it to CD. It won't boot
all the way on either my laptop or my desktop. Error messages go away too
fast to read. The MD5 sum matches.
-Jerry
--
=============================================
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH 45050
rjlapham@gmail.com
=============================================
Dyslexics untie!

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-30-2009, 08:41 AM
pkaplan1
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

Try reburning the iso at a lower speed?
Paul

On Thursday 29 October 2009 23:44 Jerry Lapham wrote:
> On Thursday 29 October 2009 11:37:43 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
> > Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
> > Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
> > integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
> > and the latest KDE applications.
>
> Just downloaded the i386 desktop version and burned it to CD. It won't
> boot all the way on either my laptop or my desktop. Error messages go
> away too fast to read. The MD5 sum matches.
> -Jerry
>

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

Did you happen to use k3b to burn the ISO? I have never been able to burn an ISO that worked using k3b, even with matching MD5 hashes. And I looked online enough to know I not the only one with that problem. you might try burning with a different app in that case.

Regards,

On Thursday 29 October 2009 11:37:43 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. *For the first time this includes
> Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
> Netbook desktop. *Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
> integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
> and the latest KDE applications.

Just downloaded the i386 desktop version and burned it to CD. It won't boot
all the way on either my laptop or my desktop. Error messages go away too
fast to read. The MD5 sum matches.
-Jerry
--
=============================================
Jerry Lapham
Monroe, OH 45050
rjlapham@gmail.com
=============================================
Dyslexics untie!

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users



--
Kevin B. O'Brien
nadreck@palain.com
Any industry that needs a federal bailout needs federal regulation.

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Mark Greenwood
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

On Friday 30 Oct 2009 13:40:35 nadreck@palain.com wrote:
> Did you happen to use k3b to burn the ISO? I have never been able to burn an ISO that worked using k3b, even with matching MD5 hashes. And I looked online enough to know I not the only one with that problem. you might try burning with a different app in that case.
>
> Regards,
>
> On Thursday 29 October 2009 11:37:43 am Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>
> > Kubuntu 9.10 has been released. For the first time this includes
> > Kubuntu Netbook Edition, a technical preview of the exciting Plasma
> > Netbook desktop. Other features include OpenOffice.org KDE 4
> > integration, several social network applications, a message indicator
> > and the latest KDE applications.
>
> Just downloaded the i386 desktop version and burned it to CD. It won't boot
> all the way on either my laptop or my desktop. Error messages go away too
> fast to read. The MD5 sum matches.
> -Jerry
>

I've always found that with K3B I need to choose a slow burn speed, 8x is the highest I've ever got away with on my 56x drive..!. I use 4x and haven't burned a coaster in ages.

Mark

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 
Old 10-30-2009, 05:44 PM
uriah heep
 
Default Kubuntu 9.10: Stable, Social and Beautiful

>



I've always found that with K3B I need to choose a slow burn speed, 8x is the highest I've ever got away with on my 56x drive..!. I use 4x and haven't burned a coaster in ages.



Mark



--

kubuntu-users mailing list

kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users


I have found image burn to be a very reliable program.* I was written for windows but installs and is fully functional under kubuntu.* it is free.

Uriah

--
kubuntu-users mailing list
kubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org