Old 03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Harald Sitter

Default kde-i18n FTBFS

Heya

Apparently all of kde-i18n-* (KDE 3 language packs in universe) fail due to
the arts removal.

<wgrant> apachelogger: kde-i18n-* all seem to FTBFS like
http://builder.ubuntuwire.com:9998/job/43356.
<apachelogger> wgrant: --without-arts needs to be added to the configure
arguments
<wgrant> apachelogger: I presume there's some way to do it to all of them?
<apachelogger> not really
<apachelogger> I'd recommend to write a simple script apt-get source'ing
through apt-cache search kde-i18n- and then edit all of them
<wgrant> I don't really care about them - I'm just triaging all of the rebuild
failures - but I'll do them if nobody else wants to.

So if someone got enough time to either edit them (~50 packages) manually or
write a script for fetching/extracting/editing/rebuilding/uploading them,
please do so

As a matter of fact batl10n-upload from the kubuntu-dev-tools branch should
take care of the uploading if you follow the same directory structure and as I
just thought of something:
<apachelogger> JontheEchidna: maybe batl10n-edit is of need
<apachelogger> JontheEchidna: actually it could share most stuff with batl10n
anyway ... so batl10n just needs to be copied and modified and the appropriate
stuff moved to bat.rb
<apachelogger> JontheEchidna: then it would also be mostly useable for kde-
i18n

as a short-term solution it probably would be possible to just take batl10n
and change it so that it works for the different use case (that is if ruby
skills are available ;-))

regards,
Harald