Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Scott Kitterman

Default More status of Kubuntu and Ports Architectures

We've been doing well in the two main archs, i386 and amd64. And as I
mentioned last time, armel is built. lpia is now built also. There are also
daily CD images for these archs (lpia is alternate only).

The kernel/libdrm problem on powerpc got fixed last weekend and most of KDE
Core is built on powerpc now. All the central node packages are built, but
some of the leaves remain. There is a decent chart at:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Ninjas/DependencyGraph

to given you an idea of which these are.

The kernel/libdrm mismatch on ia64 was fixed earlier in the week and sparc and
hppa were fixed yesterday and today, so I'm starting to work on those. So I
expect that soonish ia64 and sparc will be in good shape. Due to a bug in
Launchpad's Soyuz build system, kdebindings can't be built on hppa, so until
that's resolved we will only get so far.

I'm sure I got all of Main and some of Universe requeued for power pc but
there may be universe stuff that I missed. I looked for stuff I knew about, but
for stuff in Main there are tools that produce actual lists. If you've been
following anything in Universe, you might want to check.

If you've been ignoring the stacks of build failure messages that you get
after every upload, please dial back your ignoring. Lpia, armel, and power pc
should be in good shape, so if something goes sideways on these archs, please
look into it.

Once I've got sparc and ia64 built back up, I'll let you know.

Scott K

Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Scott Kitterman

Currently i386, amd64, armel, and lpia are still current. Since the last time
I wrote powerpc is up to date too.

For IA64, all the central node packages are built, but
a few of the leaves remain. There is a decent chart at:

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Ninjas/DependencyGraph

to given you an idea of which these are (just updated for some changes in the
package relationships).

Sparc made some good progress and kde4libs is built. kdepimlibs got blocked
by a boost1.35 portability issue that keeps akondai from building. I've got a
possible fix for that that I'm waiting for someone with an actual sparc box to
test. The sparc kernel also has a significant issue that's causing some
packages to fail due to endianess issues. TheMuso (who's community work to fix
the kernels is the reason powerpc, sparc, ia64, and hppa work at all) is
looking into a fix for it. So packages that depend just on kde4libs ought to
have a decent change of building.

Most surprisingly, hppa is starting to shape up too. kde4libs and kdepimlibs
are built and it the build for kdebindings mysteriously re-appeared. It and
kdebase-workspace are currently in queue to build.

Bottom line, is we are making progress and you should not see a lot of extra
build failures on ports.

Scott K