Old 01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Celeste Lyn Paul

Default Res: KPackageKit

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me.

On Friday 16 January 2009 07:19:56 pm Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> Hi,
> first yes, i'm still developing kpk but i don't usually have much time i
> had a company that i leaving this month so next week i'll probably have
> time to improve kpk a bit, but as it is in some sort of shape already
> i'll be given more attention to an apt backend for pk that i'm creating
> with c++ (aptcc).

Would you be available to mentor someone if we could find someone to work on
patches?

> i think it's fine if you want to put into kubuntu although i definitely
> wouldn't do that but this seems to be (k)ubuntu way of working.

Why wouldn't you want to put it in Kubuntu?

> So if you have any ideas features stuff that need changes
> please tell but, it's important to note that kpackagekit won't have
> any distro specific part that is not supported by packagekit, i'm just
> saing that cause i don't want to have any distro favouritism. So if

I never intended for Kubuntu-specific features.

> something that packagekit has that i didn't had time to implement on kpk
> and you need in kubuntu i can try to put on the important list todo.
> so ideas patches and suggestions are well come.

Yes, they would be general improvements to the app in general, not specific to
Kubuntu. I'm interested in shaping it up so that any distro which uses KDE
can use it. There has been some interest in it upstream in KDE. I just happen
to work on Kubuntu.

> Oh and btw the search stuff has now (trunk) some improvements,
> it's already able to search file, name and descriptions if the backend
> support that. (this only need more testing so i can release a new version)

That is good to know, thanks for the info!

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project

Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Guillaume Martres

On samedi 17 janvier 2009 01:28:29 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> On Friday 16 January 2009 07:19:56 pm Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> > Hi,
> > first yes, i'm still developing kpk but i don't usually have much time i
> > had a company that i leaving this month so next week i'll probably have
> > time to improve kpk a bit, but as it is in some sort of shape already
> > i'll be given more attention to an apt backend for pk that i'm creating
> > with c++ (aptcc).
Isn't libept already doing that?

--
Guillaume Martres - https://launchpad.net/~smarter

Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Jonathan Jesse

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Guillaume Martres <smarter3@gmail.com> wrote:

On samedi 17 janvier 2009 01:28:29 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> Hi Daniel,

> Thanks for getting back to me.

> On Friday 16 January 2009 07:19:56 pm Daniel Nicoletti wrote:

> > Hi,

> > first yes, i'm still developing kpk but i don't usually have much time i

> > had a company that i leaving this month so next week i'll probably have

> > time to improve kpk a bit, but as it is in some sort of shape already

> > i'll be given more attention to an apt backend for pk that i'm creating

> > with c++ (aptcc).

Isn't libept already doing that?

--

Guillaume Martres - https://launchpad.net/~smarter

Is anyone working on documenting kpackagekit?* I noticed no help manyual attached with kpackagekit in Fedora 10.* has someone started working on it?* If so I would like to offer my services.* I work on the kubunt-docs and also do some work on kde-docs

Thanks,

Jonathan